I am 33 old female and have a problem while sitting. I heard somewhere that that might be Symptoms of hyperthyroidism tailbone pain. Is that true?

Coccydynia is the most common cause if you have pain while sitting. It more often seen in women than men and researches say that this is because of the shape of the female pelvis causing the coccyx to protrude more.
Anyhow, coccydynia may be hereditary in origin or some other case causes, such as from a fall or problems at childbirth.
Yes, your case might be sequent of symptoms of hyperthyroidism tailbone pain, but not necessary. There are some other Symptoms of hyperthyroidism tailbone pain, but as I said in your case, pain might be caused by coccydynia.
I hope the answer is satisfying.

I injured my back going on 2 yrs soon, and now have constant pain in the tailbone area, legs and both feet..which started in one foot., swelling of the calves, and painful toes and upper and bottom of feet., they have tested me for almost every thing under the sun, but this is interesting, I have never heard of hyperthyroidism being related to tailbone pain. My aunt has tyroid problems and takes medication. I wonder if I should have my thyroid tested?, what other symptoms would this disease have besides weight gain/weight lose?...is hair loss one?, swollen under the chin sometimes? rashes on the face? retaining water?, high blood pressure? so many things could be related to so many different culprits..., just wonder if it would be a waste of time?, i have had full panel blood work done a few times, but im not sure if that was on the test? please advice on more information..TY...

It certainly won't hurt to get a thyroid test, even if it isn't the source of your tailbone/leg/foot pain. The basic TSH might reveal you are hyperthyroid or hypothyroid or borderline. If this test does reveal an abnormal thyroid level, please do get a full thyroid panel workup to further determine what is happening there.

I am hypothyroid and have flank, tailbone, back and sometimes pain in the extremities as well, and all before I bumped my tailbone (which I did about 2 years ago). And digestive problems are the bane of my life, or at least they were. Like you, the docs say there is nothing in particular causing these things and I just have to live with it or take what I consider undesirable pain meds. Unlike you, I have no obvious external swelling. Having only my own pains as a reference and not knowing the details of yours, here are some things that decreased my pains, at least most of the time. First, I was deficient in vitamin B12 and unable to absorb it via eating---now I take a shot once a month. The B12 got rid of most of the tingling and shooting pains. Second, I figured out I am dairy intolerant. I don't mean lactose, I mean any part of milk products. Things improved quite a bit when I cut out all milk. My neck actually shrunk in the thyroid area, though I hadn't considered it as swollen! And I think eggs bother me a bit too, though nothing like the milk components do. Third, I was low on magnesium. Since I started taking a chelated Mg supplement, much of the muscle related stiffness and aching is gone or minimal and if I get a particularly bad flare of it, I can down some Mg citrate and get almost immediate relief. Fourth, I began supplementing with omega 3 fish oil and found some pain relief as well as other obvious benefits. Finally, I discovered borage oil. I had been trying flax, but apparently my body doesn't do the conversions necessary to get the full benefits of flax oil --and without the conversions, it could even have been making things worse. The borage oil already has a nice dose of GLA in it, which is a natural anti-inflammatory. I made a great leap with the borage oil and life really got more pleasant! Immense relief of the gut and skin rashes and further overall pain relief.

I am no doctor and cannot give you real medical advice. The one thing I can and will say is don't just accept that this pain is how your life has to be from now on. Maybe there is no help, but MAYBE THERE IS and the treatment doesn't have to have worse side effects than the original problem! Explore your diet and current vitamin/mineral status. Get that thyroid checked. Keep searching for what works for you. Research, research, research. Find a doctor who doesn't have his/her head in the sand or a worse place. And of course, do let your doctor know if you are taking any supplements, as this can prevent interesting drug interactions or even further misdiagnosis.

I am not pain free, but I am at least getting better instead of worse (which was the case for the previous 10+ years). My thyroid is unco-operative and my meds have to be readjusted up and down. After my success with the supplements I mentioned above, I am going further and trying to support my digestion and immune system better. At least I feel like I have some control over my health now, unlike when the doctors kept saying they found nothing except the thyroid : ) My digestion doesn't rule my life anymore. My general pain is less than before and getting better all the time.

If you want some possibly useful other opinions on diet and supplements for pain relief (along with some ranting you may choose to ignore), do a search for Alan Graham alien view. He has done a lot of his own research and some of his approach might appeal to you. If not, he can certainly be entertaining too.

I wish you well.

I have had tailbone pain for about 8 yrs with no previous injury to that area. Hurts most driving. I have had hypothyroidism for years as well. Have you found anything that helps with this?

I to think my tailbone hurts from hypothyroidism, i read somewhere it could be because your thyroid not letting you produce estrogen and it makes your tailbone hurt. I have a Dr appointment on May 20th 2015. Does your tailbone still hurt??