I have been diagnosed with Coccydynia and have been referred to a pain clinic for possible steriod injections. What exactly is causing this pain. I'm to the point now where my legs go numb or ache severly. I can hardly bend over without it feeling like my tailbone is going to pull out of my back. I had an MRI and the only thing they saw was a bone spur but was told that was not the reason for my pain. I also have degenerative disc disease but that's higher up in my back. Could there be something else putting pressure on that nerve? Is it possible that I was mis-diagnosed or something wasn't caught on the MRI?

I wish someone had replied to your problem. My son who is 16 has the same tailbone pain. He describes it as under his tailbone with pain when he walks, sits (saying cushioned seats are worse), bends over. Anyone have an answer?