I had a kidney stones removed on Tuesday and a stent was put in place. However, I just started my period and I didn't know if I could use tampons with the stent in place?

I know this is a very old post, but I figure it'll help if someone else would like to know. I had a 11 mm stone removed a couple days ago and had a stent put in. The day before my surgery I started my period. I had a tampon in during the procedure and my doctor nor any of the nurses said anything about it. It's uncomfortable to put it in, but there's nothing wrong with wearing one with a stent in.

I’ve had multiple stents over the 4 years and they are always very painful and I always experience bleeding and frequent urge to go to the bathroom.. it’s better once it’s out. I recently had a lodged kidney stone in my urethra and a kidney infection with fluid buildup.. have a stent place then had surgery to remove the stone and a new stent placed... I’m going on week 3 of stents and I’m due to start my period and not really sure about tampon usage?? Anyone know if it’s safe and how bad is the discomfort??