I'm 17 years old. I was having severe stomach pains and went for an ultrasound yesterday. The results came back today and I have ovarian cysts on both ovaries so I have to go on Birth Control pills. I also have endometrial thickening. What exactly is this?? I'm scared it might complicate my having kids in the future. Thanks! Any help is appreciated!

Hi! I also had problems with ovarian cysts but did manage to get pregnant rather easily.
I didn’t use bc pills because my cysts would go away on their own but when they were present they would hurt a lot especially around ovulation and periods.
Now, I don’t know if you were diagnosed with polycystic ovaries or have just developed “regular” ovarian cysts. I think these two things differ because polycystic ovaries usually include hormonal imbalance as well and other problems like gang weight, insulin resistance, pimply skin, etc
I think that PCOS can interfere with a woman’s periods and ovulation but I think that your doctor should explain your situation to you. It wouldn’t be right for me to make wild guesses when I don’t even know you individual situation. You may lose these cysts in the near future.
What did a doc said about this endometrial thickening? Is there a procedure you will have to undergo or are bc pills helpful here as well?
Hope to hear from you soon!