I'm 19 and I’ve been worried about something for the last few months. An ultrasound has suggested I have an enlarged ovary which may be caused by a cyst. Can this cyst provoke ovary dysfunction? I'm going back to the doc's again and I'm going to find answers no matter how frightening it is. I don't know about this situation but I’m scared, so just wanted to mention.

I suffer from PCOS and also believed that my ovaries are dysfunctional. However, I’ve been explained that this condition is characteristic for women with enlarged ovaries that contain many cysts. Polycystic Ovarian Disease is an endocrine disorder where hormone cycles are disrupted, sometimes causing infertility. I don’t know, but I guess that it is possible that you also have PCOS.

Hi I have been told the same I’m 30 and not yet had children and dr trying to say cos I ain’t over weight or got facial hair I should be k and don’t need to see gynaecologist I’m worrying cos how can a dr say that so I’m getting a 2nd opinion