I recently went to my doctor because of a constant pain in my left side and really painful periods. He told me to do Pap smear and he also scheduled me for an ultrasound. Well I get a call back saying that my pelvic and pap was negative, but the ultrasound showed large cyst on my left ovary. Isn’t the pap smears suppose to detect ovarian cysts? I have a child already. I am worried about this. Does anyone have ovarian cysts? I am 29years old.

I pain on both ovaries. It is very uncomfortable and sharp pain. I had my period 18 days ago and after that I had ultrasound that detected cysts. I have read about ovulation pain, and it says pain on one side, but my pain is on both sides. I am waiting now for next ultrasound and then my gynecologist will decide what he is going to do with my ovarian cysts. I completely understand you, but I‘ve heard that cysts are usually harmless.

I have a sist the size of 6 quauters on my ovary and the doctors say it will just go away when i get my period! (yeah right!!!!!)

I have PCO (polycystic ovaries) and if i hadn't pushed for an ultrasound i wouldn't have known. I have had several ultrasounds since I was 19 and the cysts have been there everytime. I had one in Nov 2001 that showed only one cyst on each ovary and I became pregnant in Dec 2001. Shortly after my son was born i had one done and still only a couple cysts and in 2004 I became pregnant again. After that the cysts return full force and now my periods are back to being irregular and the ovarian pain is horrible. My best friend had a golfball size cyst and went on BC to help with it and it shrank long enough for her to have a baby but then she had to go back on the BC because the Cyst began to grow again.

i just realized i had a cyst on my ovary that comes and goes every month. the doctors told me this happens to every woman when she is ovulating. i was unaware of this and so was my mother in law and mother.
for some reason the cyst that formed was a bad egg. i guess my body picked the wrong one to form a cyst from and i was in terrible pain. i still am. i came to this site looking for others like me. i'm glad i'm not the only one.

Well, i am only in 8th grade and my best friends older sister has them in her ovaries and i was doing some reasearch on them. Can they be cancerous? How are you supposed to get rid of them??? Cause this is really starting to tear their family apart.

i am 20 and pregnant currently with my second child. i have a felling that it was there when i was preg with my last child and he was still born so i wonder if a cyst could cause a miscarriage? the doc did tell me that mine came back positive for a low grad form of cancer but i cant remember the name because well its a doctors term who can right? lol anyhow to answer the question before mine apparently it can. to help you out further you can go to google and research ovarian cyst that are cancerous are something but from what i understand it is a very low chance that anyone who has cyst has cancer unless it runs in the familey. also i was wondering if anyone might know of a way to help with the pain that is ok during pregnancy

i have a cyst on my right oveary....im 15. 16 in may and im rly scared of the surgery. i know its really not that bad but i still freak out! its really scary, surgery is....

my mom said she was having stomach pains for 2 weeks now. she went to the doctor to find out what it was....she has kidney stones and cyst on her ovary. i love my mom and i am really scared for her.

Im 15, I had a cyst.. but it wasnt on my ovary.. it was around my lower rib cage on the left side.. its been there from brith but hormoans set it off to grow and it became a teratomia.. it was growing rappitly in my stomach, i had it removed 5weeks ago just 2 months after it started growing.. and it was the size of a rugby ball.. my body was suppling blood to it, and because it shared veins with my spleen my surgen had to remove my spleen too.. i have a huge scar going across my hole tummy, had major stomach surgery and am on antibiotics for the rest of my life.. because of something that started as a small cyst!

I have a Cyst in my left and right ovaries. Is it possible for someone to gain weight because of it?