Hi. I was diagnosed with complex ovarian cyst. My doctor told I may have to go to the surgery. Is that possible? Do I have any other options?

Hi. I have complex ovarian cysts too. Treatment is usually not required for functional ovarian cysts. Sometimes, BC pills may be given. My doctor told me BC pills may prevent ovarian cysts. Simple ovarian cysts and complex ovarian cysts should be surgically removed, if they persist. There are other treatments, if doctors find out the other disease is the cause of your complex ovarian cyst. Many women with complex ovarian cyst feel no symptoms. I feel pelvic pain and pain during sex.

Hey I was wondering if anyone had any information for me about complex ovarian cysts, my doctor only told me that mine is fluid and particle filled with a septation. I am only 22 years old and was wondering if anyone knew anything else?! I have my second sonogram tomorrow to find out if it is growing. Let me know if you know anything. Thanks

Hi klapp!

Are functional and complex basically the same thing? I have a complex ovarian cysts on my right ovary and I'm freaking out about cancer - my doctor's are saying cancer, and the u/s report said nothing about "suspicious" cyst or cancer, but when I go on these sites I see cancer possibility mentione d - I have health anxiety, so I'm a mess! (I do see a therapist for it)

Any thoughts would be great!

thanks!

Surgery is a possibility for treatment, although they usually try to either wait it out to see if it shrinks, or will put you on Birth Control, which typically helps. If it looks complex or if it's particularly large or ruptured, they do surgery from what i understand. (My grandmother had one the size of a grape fruit taken out once). I had a cyst at the age of 17 and they dropped the "cancer bomb", but the sonagram showed it to be fluid filled and birth control helped to shrink it a bit after a month. It was gone in two. I still get pain and a cyst from time to time on my one side, and sometimes i get worried that perhaps something is cancerous, but my yearly indicates nothing as such. Like klapp, pelvic pain and painful sex seems to follow me during those times.

My best advice is to discuss any concerns with your doctor or gyno and try not to worry! :-)

I have been told I have a cyst on left and right ovaries both the size of grapefruits. They have called them complex cysts and all test show they are not cancerous. They were going to take them out due to my history (radical hysterectomy and radiotherapy) but as there may be scar tissue from the radiotherapy they now want to leave them another 6wks and they want to see if I have any function going on in my ovaries. I have been on HRT for 11yrs due to the radiotherapy zapping my ovaries. I am in discomfort with these cysts and they want me to do a pain graph for the six wks but I din't think I can.  I am causing everyone around me to walk on egg shells as I snap at everything.
I really don't know what to do, should I say I want them out? will they shrink seeing as they are complex more fluid then solid or will they just get bigger. Does anyone know if they grow at a fast rate?