I am 24 and was diagnosed with cysts on both ovaries yesterday. I'm really worried i will never have children as i want them so much. Can anyone offer any encouragement or share your experiences with this please?

I have no other signs of PCOS so the Dr thinks this is not the actual syndrome.

Very anxious x

I understand exactly how you feel. I'm 22 & was diagnosed with multiple cysts on both ovaries almost a year ago. I do not have polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Been to two doctors, first recommending the pill, although I was already, on at time, so definitely wasn't helping already. Second, just wants to keep waiting, hasn't even looked at any ultrasounds, is taking my word. Almost broke my partners heart when I had to tell him we might need help having children. He's great, have decided to start trying now, as was told that my fertility age drops from 35 to 26 average.
But frightened more each month when it doesn't happen.

P.S could do with someone's support who is going through the same.

i am one of 2 pregnancy from a mother who had multiple ovarian cysts. she also had irregular menstruation. it made it more difficult to pin point the exact date of birth but she was still able to have children.i have friends who have not had reproductive issues and still had trouble getting pregnant.stress ,and other health issues can do the same but i have known people with other issue who where able to get pregnant. so don't get discouraged it just may take time be patient.hope that helped.

I know where ur coming from and I feel ur pain...I'm also going through the same issue and have no clue really what to do i guess u can say i have been trying to get pregnant for the past 7 years i'm 25 and i have a 7 year old daughter already but maybe about 2years ago dr told me i had multiple cysts on both ovaries, lack of period is the reason but he also told me i was able to still get pregnant..i was on birth control to regulate my period but i came off still no luck..the kind of insurance that i have does not pay for any special fertility remedies and i don't have thousands of dollars to invest in ovarian scraping..so what do i do? that's the question. but i recently started doing research to alternatives and what other options i can take..it's not easy but at this point in my life i want another baby my bueatiful daughter always ask for a little brother and i don't know what to tell her it's a sad thing!

if anyone has any suggestions or referrals please share i would love to hear from u guys! Thanks for reading and don't give up hope i know i won't!

Quote:

I am 8 weeks pregnant and have been having bad pain in my lower stomach and right side so my doctor sent me for an ultarsound and I just found out that I have 5 cysts on my left ovary that are sitting on top of my uterus, the doctor said that 3 of them are 6cms and the other 2 are 4cms each... I have been told to take things easy and that they will watch them to see if they grow, which is hard to do, this is my first pregnancy and never suspected that I had cysts, I have been told that with cysts these size I should of had help getting pregnant, which I didnt, I just stopped taking the pill 10 weeks ago after being on it for over 15 years and so far the baby is growing and has a strong heart beat..... hope this sends encouragement..

Hi KarenMc, Great to hear your words of encouragement. I'm 9 weeks pregnant and went for my Ultrasound today. Just found out that I have multiple cysts on both ovaries. The babys heart is strong and it is at the correct size thankfully. Similar to you, I went off the pill after 15 years and got pregnant quite quickly and delighted of course. I'm still very worried about the cysts though and how they will affect the baby as it develops. How have things gone for you at this stage? Hope things are going well:D

hii i am 20..today i got my ultrasound done..and i was diagonised with 4-5mm multiple cysts in both ovaries. The reports are yet to be gone through by my doctor.. but i am really worried about what will my doctor suggest as now i am really really worrying about my future. will this problem be cured or will i face some problems ?? please reply.. :'( i love kids alot and want to become a mother one day ... :-(

Hi I'm 28 and have had cysts on my ovaries since I was 24 . I have still been blessed with two boys 7 and 3, and now have a baby on the way. My cycles were way off with having only about 3 or 4 a yr , so I thought after my first son I probably wouldn't be able to have anymore, but with faith and blessings from God, I was proven wrong. You can still have children with cysts just may be a lil harder to pinpoint your ovulation, but don't give up and keep the faith and in due time God will grant you that baby! I'm a living witness , as me and my husband wasn't even trying for the baby that's now on the way!

I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts in 2005. At that time I was told that it COULD be more difficult for me to conceive. I got pregnant in 2007 without any help from fertility drugs and the pregnancy was not planned either. My daughter was born on January 14, 2008. So try to relax and just go with the flow. From my experience, when you are trying to have a baby, most people tend to stress themselves out too much, which can make it harder to conceive. My husband and I trying for baby #2 now. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! =] Good Luck!

Hi, I'm 18 yrs. old now and since i was 14 i've had multiple ovarian cyths on both ovaries, when i first started takin birth control (depo shot)  i had no problems with any thing then 1 yr. after takin it is when i found out about the cyths on my ovaries..now my menstrol is all messed up i've been off the shot fpr 3-4 months n at first i was havin a period every other week now im only havein one 1 time a month like i should..i'm still not on any kinds of b/c and since i've been off it seems to me tht thy r shrinking..thy don't hurt as much and dnt seem to bother me like thy did before..but now i'm having worries about gettin pregnant...i've had sex alot unprotected soo u get the picture & i've never been pregnant..not tht i want to b right now but i do want kids with in the next year or two..so i was wondering if anyone knew if the cyths can cause you to not become pregnant?? or can any1 give me an idea of how likely i am to get pregnant or not maybe someone has had my experiences and can relate to me???

Hi ...I have funny ovaries too. They always have lots of cysts. Fortunately for me I don't want kids, but I wouldn't just assume that you will have problems. After one of my ultrasounds my doctor (who worked exclusively in women's health) said that my overies were just a bit over-zealous and that I was ovulating at the drop of a hat. This may have actually made me more likely to get pregnant! My mum had unprotected sex 3 times in her life and got pregnant 3 times! So it may not be all bad. I don't have Polycyctic ovarian syndome or any of the other symptoms, though I have had a seriously hard time with crazy mood swings, heavy bleeding and painful periods when I had PMT. I also had a high sex drive   ...obviously driven by my overzealous ovaries. Now I take the pill (a strong one), as I ended up developing a few endometrial cysts on my ovaries. I have recently taken it for 3 years without taking a single break (no periods, no pain, no mood swings, normal sex drive - BLISS!).

On advice from a doctor I took a 5 day break a few weeks ago ...then a week or two later developed pain ...a new ultrasound reveals several new cysts (actually they are technically not quite cysts as they are only up to 2.9cm in diameter - not officially big enough to be called a cyst!). Looks like the ovaries are trying to have their way again.

...So in short, try not to worry too much, you may get pregnant easier than you think.

Hi there,

Not sure about the other people posting about their cysts but I have PCOS and I have 25 cysts on my left ovary and 43 on my right. I cant seem to find anything on the internet that tells my anything about this many cysts on a few. I am seeing agyno but dont want to have to wait till the appointment to have a better understanding of whats going on. Can anyone help? BTW im only 24

Hey everyone, I am Eighteen and have been told I have PCOS but do not have any of the symptoms other then numerous cysts on my ovaries... I have always wanted kids and I am really worried I won't be able to. I'm wanting to get a second opinion because my periods have always been regular and are wondering if anyone else has pcos with no symptoms but the cysts.

Both sides of my family have had 5+ kids and I am one of six so I find it odd that I'd have issues with getting pregnant. I just really hope I am able to have kids and I must say that I'm thinking of trying now because I am worried it will only get worse but my circumstances aren't ideal and have only been in this relationship a year.

Hi Nikki,

This is a big life decision that you are facing, so I would definitely recommend getting a second ...and even a third opinion. Did your doctor take blood to test for testosterone, or did they just do an ultra-sound? With your family history you may find that you don't have true PCOS ....you may even have the opposite ...overactive ovaries that are ovulating properly - just more often than they are meant to! There are different forms of ovarian cysts. You may be forming cysts AFTER ovulating (luteal cysts) rather than forming cysts BEFORE you ovulate (that interfere with and prevent normal ovulation). The doctor may be correct ....but particularly if they are just a GP rather than a gyno, and if they are relying on just ultrasound results alone I would get more opinions from more doctors and would go ant talk to a gynecologist or two before rushing into something that you can not undo.

Have a look at my comments (a couple of comments above - "Guest - 7 months ago"). I was incorrectly diagnosed with PCOS and had none of the symptoms other than lots of cysts on ultrasound.

Good luck, and hang in there. It is really worth getting advise from a number of doctors ...preferably experts in their field ...and preferably ones that have been recommended to you.

Thanks for the reply, I deffinatly will and I hope I over ovulate!! would explain the number of siblings, haha. I haven't seen a gyno but I will deffinatly look into it and get a few other opinions.
I am not sure what she has tested me for I have had 3 blood test in 2 months for all kinds of things but not sure about testosterone, although there was somthing about my insuilin...

Thanks for the advice again, :)