Hi, guys. My wife and I are thinking of starting with macrobiotic diet. We have heard that it is mostly based on whole grains. I would like to know when it is good to eat whole grains. Can anyone tell me this? We would really appreciate all your replies considering this. Thank you in advance.

Hello to you too. You are right. Macrobiotic food is indeed based on whole grains. I think that about 50 to 60% of this diet is based on this. Maybe it has something to do with diet with high proteins and low carbohydrates. However, there are people who are allergic to certain grains. If this is your case, then your macrobiotic diet will need some modifications. You should consult with an expert about this. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hi, there. Eating whole grains has its benefits. Of course, I agree that you should be careful if you are allergic to certain grains. There are some evidences that people who based their food mostly on grains do not suffer from degenerative diseases. They also do not have high cholesterol nor suffer from cardiovascular diseases. There are some countries in Asia where people eat only whole grains. And these populations are very healthy. However, you should know that macrobiotic diet means that you will have to exclude most of the food you eat now. You won’t be able to take coffee, black tea, poultry, etc. Good luck!