My mother is 37 years old. for the past few months she has worked at a chicken plant and has never had any problems with her hand or fingers. For the past two days she has had no feeling in her left arm hand and fingers except for severe pain and tingling( like having a normal dead hand or foot but it never gets any better). Her hand also has a slight blue color to it and the color does not return when you press on her nail bed. Im a nurse and i know this is probably not good. She does not use this hand to cut up chicken, but does use it to pull them off of the line above her. We have tried rubbing in linement, soaking and heat pads and nothing helps. Can someone please give me some advice>

Hi:
It sounds like it could be work related. She could just be straining her arm and hand if she handles the equipment in an awkward way. I doubt that her job informs their workers about ergonomics. For example, if you are not positioned at your computer correctly, although you might feel comfortable, you could experience carpal t. syndrome. We do things that can affect us, even when we don't realize it. This could be her situation. I would also suggest that the likely cold temperature in the facility is contributing to the problem also. May dad was a butcher all of his adult life. At one point he had to have vericose veins removed. They were related to his work. I hope this helps you. Please let me know how things have worked out for her.