I 26 and do not have any facial hair whosoever.
I know some people will say to consider it a blessing etc, but trust me, the grass is always greener on the other side.
I find it very embarrassing.
I could probably pass for 16 quite easily. Dont get taken seriously in the workplace ( im an engineer) and it affects my confidence when approaching girls in bars. I know they're thinking that i've sneaked in with a fake ID>/!!
I have literally hundreds of friends, and I am the only person in this situation. Everyone else is able to grow nice stubble.

I think that it must be due to having low testosterone.
I also have very under arm hair. (leg and pubes are normal though)

The doctors keep refusing to give me a blood test and say that I am probably fine and that its nothing to worry about.
That's not good enough for me.

So, as a last resort, I am looking at injecting myself with testosterone cypionate for a month or so to see if it gives me facial hair.
If it does, I will know that there IS an issue with my testosterone.
If it doesn't, I can follow a bodybuilding protocol where I can take certain things to ensure that my natural testosterone is able to resotre itself quickly.

Does anyone have any advice for me? What would you do? Am i overlooking any potential negatives of this????

I don’t think testosterone is the cause for your lack of facial hair. Main reason for – your pubic and leg hair is, as you said – normal. Testosterone is the male sex hormone responsible for all male sex characteristic like development of sex organs and these include secondary sex characteristics like facial and other body hair. So there is little chance that you would lack just the testosterone responsible for the development for facial hair. And before you start injecting yourself keep in mind that people with underdeveloped glands responsible for making testosterone nowadays use testosterone gel or creams because side effects are that bad that even them couldn’t manage them anymore.
Have you ever discussed this with dermatologist? Maybe the issue is your skin, not the hormones. But, don’t do anything without first having done blood test to determine hormone levels. Facial hair alone isn’t worth only the damage it could do to your kidneys – and that is one of the common side effects, not to mention taking the dose you would take on your own.

Thanks for your response.
Yes, pubic and leg hair is normal (at least I think it is, i've definitely seen hairier) although I have barely any underarm hair either.
Most of my friends literally have bushes under their arms!(not that i want that!)

"And before you start injecting yourself keep in mind that people with underdeveloped glands responsible for making testosterone nowadays use testosterone gel or creams because side effects are that bad that even them couldn’t manage them anymore.
Have you ever discussed this with dermatologist?"

You lost me a little with this quote.
Although I have seen a dermatologist for acne that has since cleared for now with the use of accutane.

Regarding a blood test, I have tried a few times to get the doc to test my testosterone, but was refused both times, hence im at my wits end and considering 'going it alone'.

You say facial hair isn't reason enough to risk my health. Are big muscles reason enough? Because millions of people take testosterone in order to get muscles and make themselves feel better about their image ect. I fail to see the difference.
Looking like a kid is effecting my mental health.

Again, thanks for your reply.

Any other views/theories/ideas etc etc anyone??/

thanks

No, big muscles aren’t reason enough to risk your health. Simply because you can have big muscles without chemicals. It takes time, but most people are ok with that. There is a reason why some substances are controlled or completely forbidden and steroids are definitely among them. Not because someone doesn’t want you to be happy or look god but because the damage they cause needs to be controlled by professionals and law.
But, what I meant with that quote was that dermatologist is the skin/hair specialist who can check if everything is ok with your hair follicles and/or skin on your face. He is the one who has the authority to suggest what your next move should be.

I am the same and after an injection every 2 weeks for about 4 shots I grew a real nice Goatee, Moustache, or Fu Manchu. It works wonders and I was not shaving much prior-once a week, and I'm 57 yrs. old. My Testosterone level was 81 and the range is 350 to 1150. Do it, if your Dr. won't do it go to an Anti-Aging Doctor or Endocronologist.

I want to tell you that you will see many added side effects-All GOOD! I have the energy I had at 25, I'm losing fat on my midsection, strong Libido, and confidence spikes. The creams and Gels are worthless and do not work much at all. If you do it go to the Doc's I mentioned before and they will make customs injections for your body and it's all natural (Anti Aging Dr.) but they are not covered by insurance. Go o Endo or another Doctor-don't take no for an answer-it's your health!!

same problem with me.Whats your situation now?

I know this post is over a year old, but I wanted to let you know through my experience which seems very close to yours. I was a super late bloomer...I didn't get any body hair at all until I was almost 17, and even then, it wasn't much and light in color. I was extremely self conscious about it and felt a lot like you described.... Well at 18. I joined the Marine Corps and met a few girls who totally dug the fact that I wasn't all hairy like most guys...although it made me feel better for a while, once I got out of the Marines I wanted a beard like all my buddies started growing. I asked my doctors to test my testosterone and they refused just as yours did. Then one day I snapped, my gf was watching this documentary on women having sex changes to be men, these girls were taking testosterone injections and had beards and handle bar mustaches that would make Thor jealous, so I was like screw this! How can doctors give woman who want beards, to look like men, testosterone, but me, an actual man, they wont even test my testosterone levels? I made an appointment with my doctor, went in there and retold him the same thing, I think my testosterone levels are low and want a blood test, he said no again, but this time I wasn't taking no for an answer...we are the doctors clients...if he won't test me, I will find a doctor who will...I told him that, as well as threatening to make sure that my parents, gf, her parents and siblings (we all saw the same doctor) would be leaving his practice if he wasn't willing to run this test, he then said, "if your levels come back normal, your insurance will make you pay for the test, I asked how much is it... $100 bucks he replied...I scoffed and said do the test...sure enough, my levels WERE low...the average male is around 500-1100 and I tested at 150. So I got my testosterone injections...not only did it help me pack on some muscle, but I am now the owner of a mean looking beard. Just remember, your doctor works for you, if he/she says no, tell them you will go elsewhere. There are doctors out there that aren't know it all assholes...sometimes a doctor has to be put in check too...good luck to all you in search of a beard

Im with you on this man 100% I'm in the process of waiting for my testosterone blood tests to come back and i suffer the same sh*t plus fat gains and weak ass orgasms and fatigue and no drive. I get pushed around by people alot coz i look young and im 27, women look at me like a disease coz i dont have very manly strong features. I got no energy to exercise its screwed up. I been keeping to myself for about 10 years. Ive only worked for about 3 years all up and have gone from job to no job coz i quit when i cant handle the bullying and being talked to like a frikkin kid. Mind you most people had mad respect for me just those "some" broke me down. I dont know to handle it. what a screwed up world we live in, we let women shoot test and men shoot estrogen to transition gender UNNATURALY but us who go to the doc for genuine natural concern have to step in to the office in fear that we'll be refused a blood test to confirm or disprove a concern.

Hey Ragnar could you please answer if u have time 1 how long did you take T before beard started growing and reached what you wanted, and 2 how did the withdrawal go?

How long did it take to grow your beard? I just started T injections, and am hoping for the same results.

Did your beard kept on growing after u stopped taking injections?

Transphobic much? You can tell the doctor it's a humans right to know their hormonal levels. People find out its too low and then abuse steroids just to see a nice rack at the bar. Those men also have a human right to be called men. You have low T, they once had low T. Maybe it's bad karma, buddy.

This is not a major problem. Some people face this situation. I was in your stage and I can understand your situation well. I was following your footsteps and was trying to confine myself indoors. Now, I am feeling confident. My friend suggested me to buy certified biotin on ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed . I was not that confident as I had tried many other biotin products and vitamins before without any help. But this one truly worked. I saw the improvements within a couple of weeks. Now I have dense facial hair and I feel confident. Now I get a lot of compliments from my female friend that is really inspiring. You just try this one. Do not expect any immediate result. You just need to try for a couple of weeks to get the benefits. It worked for me and I am sure it will help you. I will appreciate if you let me know how it worked for you and what you are feeling now. I will be happy to read your positive comments.

Go to an,endocrineologist. They will do blood work etc.