I want a nice bushy beard. They're everywhere these days and look so cool. So I want to look like that too. So far I just don't seem to be able to grow an impressive beard. I'd like to look more masculine. I'm 20 and don't if it will get better in the future or perhaps there's something wrong with me? What can I do about slow facial hair growth. Any serums or stuff I could use it speed it up and get the beard I want? My granddad said put chicken sh*t on it but that doesn't sound too appealing. 

Hi Gus,

Give it time.  It's not uncommon for a male to continue to become more "hairy" as they get into their middle 20's.  Chest hair and beard hair often comes in later.

Hang in there.

1. Do not shave at the first sign of itching.
2. You can use hydrocortisone cream to relieve some of the itching.
3. Have patience.
4. Try castor oil to promote hair growth.
5. Have your growing hair trimmed professionally by a barber.

The previous poster is right; not all guys can grow beards in their early twenties!!! That doesn't mean you won't be able to have one later nor that it will definitely not grow now. Have patience and you may be amazed by the results that you do achieve.

Celebrity

I love a good beard! Unfortunately Medic Dan is right — as a young man, you may need to have some patience before you experience the type of beard growth you would really like to have. On the upside, just because you can't grow a great beard yet doesn't mean that you are doomed to a hairless existence forever ;). 

Meanwhile, here are some natural remedies that should help you get the best facial hair growth you can get right now:

1. Do exfoliate your skin, at least once a week, because getting rid of those dead skin cells helps promote hair growth. 
  2. Use a moisturizer with eucalyptus, which is known to stimulate hair growth as well!
  3. Take a daily multivitamin as well as biotin every day. 
  4. Eat more protein. 
  5. Massage your face every day, in the area where beard growth should occur. 
  6. Don't shave. Really. 

General health, no stress, a diet rich in proteins, enough sleep, all these are things that will help you get a nice beard. The main obstacle guys face is not having patience though. You can't grow a full beard overnight, folks! Work with the facial hair you do have and don't shave it off again because it didn't magically grow to the beard you saw in a mag! After one week of not shaving the itching goes and you'll feel better about the process. Then just watch your hair grow nicely. Trim it yourself or have it done if you're not sure how yet.

My hair growth did get better once I was on the other side of 30, but not by that much. I can now grow a goatee if I try really hard not to shave it off before it has the chance to make its appearance. For some guys though, their facial hair growth really takes off once they're a bit older, so not being able to grow a beard at 20 is no reason to believe that you will never have one at all. You can take a clue from your male relatives on how much you'll be able to grow.

Want my God honest opinion, Gus? I think this latest beard trend is stupid. We're not all lumber jacks, yeah? I like a nice clean shaven guy so if you can't grow a beard already, accept it for now and look good shaven! Sorry to say it but there's nothing much worse than a little bit of fluff on a young guy's upper lip. That ain't a beard, and it just looks unhygienic, so just shave it off already. I realise that this ain't PC to say or something but it's how I feel. I did try castor oil for my eyebrows by the way and it sprouted a few new hairs but nothing spectacular.

Celebrity
I would be patient, you are what they call "a late bloomer" a guy who does not get a hairy chest or a beard until in his 20's, I do notice that the majority of men with hairy chests can grow a good beard too. Even if you don't have chest hair you could still grow a decent beard.

Beard growth problem is common now a day everyone have to take care by own and one of my friend using a beard vitamin or growing beards in a healthy manner. You can buy beard supplements from online stores.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use