Hello:

Can you tell me what causes a swollen throat of both sides of a person's throat on the upper roof of one's throat?

I have two swollen sides on the upper roof of my throat towards the back of my throat and it the two sides really, really hurt. Do you know what could have caused it and what I should do about it?

Sincerely,
Rayne

Well,

When your throat is swollen on both sides this usually mean that your tonsils are under infection. This infection can be bacterial, viral or fungal. you have to understand that this condition is not rare and almost everybody has swollen throat at least once in their life time. The good news there are several ways to treat this condition. Some like to use remedies as ginger and honey because they help your throat reduce the swelling and soreness. Also you can try to take antibiotics to get rid of the infection that is causing your swelling in the first place. You should drink a lot of water and avoid any food that will irritate your throat more.

Good luck,

Karel