I have a question about my throat. Few days ago, I have noticed lymph nodes swell, and I can see pus in my throat. I can my throat is irritated by something, obviously, but actually I do not understand this. What irritates throat nodes, and what is the name of this condition. I will go to the doctor, but I would like to know something more about it before I go.

I might conclude your condition is called sore throat. That is an inflammation of the throat, which might be caused by either viruses or bacteria. This infection is spread by sharing drinks, kissing, sneezing, and nose blowing. Off course, here we have to take care and about-contaminated objects passed from hand to mouth. Symptoms of sore throat are painful and red throat, with swollen lymph nodes. With a condition I am talking about, you might notice difficulty swallowing, swollen tonsils, headaches, pus, and fever. The condition you should be careful of is Strep throat. That is a common bacterial infection, which affects the throat and tonsils. It can only be diagnosed by throat culture, which only your doctor might order. Antibiotics are not given to relieve throat pain, but are given to prevent complications. Complications are rheumatic heart disease and glomerulonephritis, which refers to the inflammation of the kidney. For this reason, if your doctor prescribes to you an antibiotic, it is very important to take all of it as instructed.