i keep coughing up this rlly thick flem, i cant stop coughing though it doesnt hurt i can barley go thirty seconds and its really making me tired. I'll edmit I do smoke cigarrettes but i havent for a long enough time to claim cancer, i already got diagnosed for strep but the medication isnt helping . my neck is stiff all the muscles are really sore & very very swollen tonsils & glands.

Sounds like strep to me man. I'm no doctor though. Go see a doctor right away if you haven't. He should be able to diagnose you. There's very few throat illnesses that are unknown. Until then, take it easy and stay positive. Keeping your spirit and mind up is vital in recovery. It's all in the mind =].

Hi there,
How old are you? I am not sure could the cigarettes be the main cause of your problem. I think that you might be having some respiratory issues. In some cases you might have some sort of an infection in your throat. Did you have any problems with your tonsils? Tonsil infection can cause all of your symptoms. Do you have any swelling and problems with swallowing food? You could try to use some ginger and honey to ease the soreness in the throat. I know that many use this remedy for this kind of problem that you are experiencing right now. I hope this helped you a bit.

All the best,
Danella