Hello! Since few days ago I have got swollen lymph nodes on both sides on my neck, under ears. The day I have noticed these swollen lymph nodes, started my problems with swallowing and breathing. So, now I want to know could difficulty swallowing and breathing be caused by swollen lymph nodes. Thank you!

Hello! Generally speaking, you got swollen lymph nodes because of infection. I assume that you have infection of respiratory tract. Swollen lymph nodes are sign that body is fighting against infection. So, you will need to visit your doctor. I am sure that he/she will prescribe you antibiotics. That will help you.

You have to understand first why your lymph nodes get swollen. When you have an infection in your body the first thing that will react are your lymph nodes. They are very important part of our immune system. Your swollen lymph nodes are not causing the swelling in the throat but your throat problems are the ones that are causing your lymph nodes to get swollen. In order to have your lymph nodes back to normal you will have to treat the swelling in your throat which in my opinion might be caused by some sort of infection on your tonsils. How long has this been happening to you? Are you using any antibiotics right now?

I hope this was helpful.