For the past 2 days I have had neck stiffness and pain in my ears.At first it was just on the right side now it is on both sides,and then I start having sore throat and difficulty swallowing and I looked at my tonsils and now they're swollen with white patches.What could this be?

RUN to your health provider! It' s a streptococcus infection you have! Not other symptoms, but the stiff neck is the one you should be afraid of, because streptococcus can cause a meningitis.

Sounds like you have an infection such as strep throat or mononucleosis. See a doctor soon.

The white patch on your tonsils is accumulation of pus caused by infection in your body. You probably had an ear infection that came down to your throat and now you have issues with swallowing and pain. Do you know what tonsillitis is? Tonsillitis is a condition when your tonsils get swollen and they appear white because of the pus located on them. Have you notices changes in your body temperature? You can try to use some antibacterial medication to treat this if this is caused by bacteria. However if the treatment is not helping the best option then is to see a doctor, so he can find the right cause for the throat problems.

Good luck,
Danella

Severe Ear Pain and white patches on my throat which is also painful and swallowing is difficult.