I am suppose to get my period, but instead the only blood I see is when I wipe with a tissue and its mucus mixed with blood (very little). Only when I go to the bathroom, not on my pad.
Is this considered a period.....I am 42 years old.

Did you ever get a response from this post? I have been experiencing the same thing! I am only 30......

I am 48 and once a month or every other month I have the same scenario. Blood and mucus but only when I wipe. There is a lot and the blood looks like a clot. Yuk. Usually happens once a day for about 3 days and then goes away.

I'm 19. and this is the first time this has happened to me... did anyone find any answers? I can't find anyone who can help

hi guys..
m 16 n i hv the same problm too...can anyone help us plz????

I am 19 years old, and the same thing has been happening to me. I'm still a virgin and everywhere I've looked online has pointed to miscarriages. This is the only post that is accurate to what is happening to me. I'd like some answers if anyone can offer them up. Thanks!

I'm 18 and have what you decribe every two weeks as a period. Just in the last week its been very very strange - and different (not going to explain) and I thought I was having a miscarriage. Only thing I can put it to is the implant I have in my arm, and my body being sensitive.

I wouldn't complain about how light your moon cycle is - and i'm sure its completely natural.

the same thing is happening to me!! what does this mean??

All of you should go see a gynocologist to see whats up. if it's really concerning you. It could be a hormonal imbalance. I used to have really irregular periods and the dr said it was that and they put me on birth control. And it was fixed. But ya just see your obgyn.

That is my exact problem and I am a virgin also. I am only 18. I would like to know myself what is going on. It started this month around the 7th and now im on my period again and its the 26 of May. Im worried about what this is. I know im not pregnant because i havent had any sex what so ever. but everyone i see is telling my it could be a miscarriage, and now im having dreams of being pregnant....what is going on?????

That mucousy substance you are talking about is the lining that is being shed from the uterus whenever you have your period every month. This is normal but if it gets bigger than the size of a quarter and you are having to replace your cup a lot in an hour then I would recommend getting in touch with your dr.

Is it a darkish red? If yes, this is ok, any other color such as gray for example get in touch with your dr.

Whether with softcups like Instead or original menstrual cups like Divacup these allow you to see exactly what is coming out of your vagina, as apposed to other options where you don't get to see this stuff. With cups you will see not only blood but uterus tissue, discharge and mucus.

Menstruation isn't just blood, chances are what you are seeing is either larger pieces of the uterus lining that look like blood clots or raw liver, and otherwise I'd say it is in fact mucus you are seeing. Your cervix always produces this mucus; it just tends to be more prominent during menstruation because your cervix is open and so this acts as part of the vaginas self-defence functions.

If you have an IUD this mucus will also be far thicker, I remember my first cycle with an IUD I was shocked by the very thick bloody mucus I found in my Mooncup, far more than was normal for me without an IUD.

Basically you have probably only just noticed it because in the past if you had been using other menstrual options you simply wouldn't have been able to see this mucus, and some months this mucus will be more noticeable than others. Trust me, the mucus in itself is nothing to worry about.
3 years ago

mine is like that im supposed to get my period but its only this reddish mucus that smells like blood its too early after sex to be implantion bleeding and i think too early for a missed period but idk i need serious help

I am 28.  3 kids, and had a tubal.  This is the first time that I only bleed when I wipe.  I use tampons and pads, and never been this light before.  But its been 2 weeks now, and I'm getting frustrated.  no smell, doesn't itch or feel like an infection.  But I do have very early stages of HPV. They also said something about small cysts on the overies popping and bleeding that could be mistaken for periods.  Was told not to worry about it, but this is confusing being for 2 weeks now.  anyone have an new ideas?

Im 17,just got my period 3 day--first time, anyways it was a dark-red colour and it looked sort of mucus-y? Anyways that was 3 days ago and since then nothing has come in relation to blood so idk if its even my first period or what. I keep discharging this mucus like thing but its only when I wipe? slightly rusty red? VERY LIGHT. No Im not sexually active in the slightest. Help!