hi
my period was due to day but hasent come yet,I am always reguler a 28 day cycl and my cervical position on the day my period is due is always mid way firm and dry,but I checked it this morning and its high up soft and full of milky mucus,we are trying for a baby and had unprotected sex 2 days before I ovulated could this be a sign of pregnancy
please help

I'm in the same boat. I should have started yesterday and my cervix is always firm at least a few days before my period is due. Its still soft today. I took a pregnancy test this morning, but it came back negative. According to idreamofbaby.com your cervix will remain high and soft if you are pregnant. I'm not sure why mine is soft if I'm getting a negative pregnancy result. Good luck!

Hi, just wondering if you guys turned out pregnant or not. I'm with you, but not supposed to start my period for another couple of days. Just wondering where my cervix is supposed to be at this point in my cycle. Thanks.

me too! I ovulated almost two weeks ago. I had unprotected sex everyday before, after, and during ovulation (we are TTC). my cervix has stayed soft and very wet with alot of cervical mucus. my period was due thursday and I got it on thursday(i think...) it was only one day long then it stopped. the next day(yesterday) I had some dark brown spotting then that stopped. Then this morning after sex i had a small amount of bright red. My cervix has remained very soft since I ovulated. This morning it was so soft I could barely distinquish it from anything else. Could I be pregnant?

I worked at an OB-GYN office for a year and a half- yes you could be very pregnant- try testing again in a week! Good luck!

Hey,

I've read you guys post and i'm in the same boat. I was suppose to start two days ago but i don't know if it's the multivitamins i'm taking that's causing the delay (is that possible) or if i could be pregnant. They say that the cervix is suppose to be soft and high when preggo and during your cycle it's suppose to be hard and low. Well i'm experiencing both in the same day. Anyone else similar to this situation and was pregnant? I took a preg test yesterday morning but it was neg. I'm feeling all the symptoms of the cycle coming (especially right before it happens), like painful cramps when peeing. But it hasn't came.

AAAAHHHHH! I am as frustrated as you all. Ever since I had my second son things have been worse than ever. I only was able to BF for 5-6m and yet my cycle still didn't come back until he was 9m. old. Then it would stop and had to be given progesterone. The next month the same thing. So, the OBGYN put me on the pill. Then I got high blood pressure and had to go off the pill after 6m. on. So, with all of that my husband and I decided to try for our third since we were going off the pill anyway and after a couple of normal cycles I was 2-3wks. late. I got excited thinking we were pregnant and after ~ $50 worth of preg. test they all came out neg. The dr. even tested twice and still neg. He put me on progesterone to strengthen my uterus and kick start my cycle back. Well it did but now I am almost 2wks. late again with soft high cervix and even had some spotting twice during the middle of my cycle after intercourse, but neg. test result. AHHHHH! What's going on? I don't have an abnormal thyroid, diabetes, or irregular hormones. Everything checked out normal, but obviously this is all not normal!!!

hi all well i have the same thing i'm a week late and my cervix is high up closed and soft and i have all the pregnancy symptoms could i be. ? %-)

To anyone else who stumbles across this web site, I had the same thing happen to me two months ago. A few days before my period was due, my cervix was very high and so soft it was hard to find as it practically blended into the my vaginal walls, I also had an abundance of cervical mucus, some tinged yellow. I found out that I was pregnant, but I miscarried. Now I know what a pregnant cervix feels like, it never got low, hard and dry before my period. I continued to have cervical mucus, and my cervix was very high, soft and wet but closed. So, yes it is possible...but, please note that not everyone's body is the same, and I would not rely on this as a definite answer to if you are pregnant or not. Hope this helps and baby dust!

PregnantGRL

I am in the same position, I had unprotected sex 28th feb and was due to ovulate on 3rd march I have a regular 26day cycle and I am due my period in the next couple of days. my cervical position is high, wet and feels really soft like lips, I done a home pregnancy test yesterday afternoon when I think my urine may have been diluted as I have been trying to drink lots and lots of water, could I be pregnant and should I give another home pregnancy test after the date of my period if it still does not come? ? %-)

Hey guys i was suppose to have my period on the 8th of December I've still had nothing I've had some spotting and my cervix has a thick White mucus gone really soft and small hard to find and very high. Wondered if anyone could help me and my partner are trying for a baby and wondered what is going on :) x

I am almost in the same situation.  My period is due in 2 days, and I started to get a bit of cramping.  My cervix is mid height and soft with a bunch of creamy mucus ( sorry for TMI )...  I am probably just reaching and wishful thinking..

Hi, I am ttc and I baby danced the day before I believe I ovulated (per, cervical mucus being egg white consistency) and period was due December 29th on an average 32 day cycle. I am now 4 days late and I took a test the 31st prior to going out and it was negative. So today I checked my cervix and to my surprise it is high and soft and a BUNCH of creamy white thick cervical mucus... I feel I am pregnant but I am afraid that if I take another test it will just say negative. I am going to tomorrow. My friend is pregnant too and she said she was a week and 1/2 late before she got a line on a test and it took till she was 3 weeks late to get a strong positive. She is now 11 weeks pregnant. So I know it can take time to get a positive if I am indeed pregnant. It is just not in the norm...  

My period was due yesterday and I had logged on to read everyone's posts. I had no cramping leading up to my period and had a real thick milky mucus all day yesterday (felt wet and so I kept thinking my period had came). When I still didn't have my period this morning I took a pregnancy test and it was a positive!!! Thanks for everyone's posts....sure helped me out! Hope that my story can help out those who have a read too! Best of luck to everyone! 

mom of 15 month old girl and expecting october 2012!

Just wanted to update, seems no one else really does. My post was the 2nd post above this one. I was not pregnant. I got my period 15 days late, I started Jan. 13th 2012. Now I know my period is going to be late again, I haven't ovulated yet. I am on cd 21 of an average 32 day cycle. So the fact that I haven't O'd yet lets me know. I check my cervical mucus to know, just started the creamy from dry, so I am waiting to get the eggwhite fluid...