Just wanted information on controlling thyroid naturally without having to used prescribed medicine. An under active thyroid.

research Amour thyroid and homeopathic remedies.

What was your thyroid blood test results?

Sometimes Thyroid disease (Euthyroid Sick Syndrome) can be caused by lack of carbohydrates.

True hypothyroid will show High tsh, normal to low free t3 and t4.
ESS will show normal tsh, normal to t4 and low t3. (This is a conversion problem from t4 to t3)

If your problem is the latter then you might have to bump carbs up to min. of 100-150g as this will decrease free fatty acids, which impairs thyroid conversion in the liver. If the former, then I'm not sure if there's a natural way of doing it.

That's really strange and I'd never heard anything about it. So you'er saying that if you take in more carbohydrates that you'll actually clear up thyroid disease? That is really unusual. Let me know okay?

Hey, this is Adam - the guest who posted above.

I suggest you read some of Lyle McDonald's works where he mentioned the relationship between carbs and thyroid. The thyroid requires a certain amount of carbs for proper conversion from t4 to the more active hormone, t3. The thyroid requires ~130g of carbs in non-ketogenic state, whereas in ketogenic state, it can be as low as 50g. No one knows for sure how much one needs due to human differences.

But there have been research in which high levels of fatty acids can make the thyroid hormone resistant to itself. In addition, low-carbing mimics starvation physiologically. Starvation is one of the causes of Euthyroid Sick Syndrome, which is secondary hypothyroidism. It is a condition caused by diet. People in the fitness field who are aware of this, incorporate refeeds and diet breaks into their dieting phase. This help normalize hormones without getting too fat in the process.

my thyroid Blood test result is5.38