I am sure some can relate. I am a 37 yr old male who for most of my life has been thin. I eat and excersise well so please don't respond with those points. I have a TSH of 5.2 and despite low carb diet and running cannot lose any weight. have gained 30 lbs since taking Synthroid, now on Levoxyl.

Can some please help me lose weight.

NJ-John

you need to talk to your doctor about Armour Thyroid instead of what you are taking. It's a much better Thyroid medicine.

I agree with the previous person. Synthetic thyroid medicine is not good for your body. Armour is much more effective.

I wish you the best..i found out my thyroid was messed up a year ago and since then has gained 90lbs...I cant seem to lose the weight either...if you find out anything on how to get rid of the weight keep me in mind...would glady appreciate it

Hi John,

TSH of 5.2 is actually quite high still. The normal range is between .5 and 3 but you need to base your symptons on how you feel. I would definetly go back to your doctor and ask to be put on a higher dose. And try the armour or nature thyroid. Synthroid does not have T4 in it.