Hey, I'm 17 years old and my foreskin can be pulled back when I am flaccid yet I can only get the foreskin about half way down the head when erect. My first few times at having unprotected sex at 15 years old were fine and I didn't realise I was any different to anyone else, yet a year later when I was 16 I tried it again with a different girl without much foreplay and it hurt a lot. I stopped immediately and the head of my penis seemed to be bulging, I went to the bathroom straight away and the head seemed to be almost bruised and the foreskin was very stretchy. I noted that I couldn't see the piece of skin that attaches the head to the skin and I panicked so I went back to my girlfriend, told her the situation and we talked a while. I never tried it after that yet I now am planning on having sex with another girl and I was wondering if wearing a condom or using lube will help? I'm a confident person and I am willing to tell her about the problem, I was also wondering if stretching really works? Would appreciate your replies! :)

Hi guest,

Yes, stretching really does work and you can fix it yourself.  Your foreskin should slide, easily, as you get older.  Unfortunately a lot of guys don't realize it.

Read this entire topic:

https://www.steadyhealth.com/17_and_cannot_pull_open_foreskin_all_the_way_t255547.html

Good luck.

Thank you for putting my mind at ease :) So this is a preventable condition? Is it common?

It's VERY common. Your question,or one like it, is asked several times a month on the boards. Most of the guys are your age or older. Nobody tells them they need to stretch.

Just find a way that is comfortable for you. It'll take some time but the end results are it will be much more pleasurable for you.

For now, use lots of lube, and a condom can help make it easier on you until you can slide freely.

Thank you so much! This will make my life a lot easier! :) Thankyou for replying so quickly too, I shall recommend this site to anyone who is worried about their health for sure!

It sounds as though you tore your frenulum (the little piece of skin that attaches the head to the skin).

You can stretch your foreskin to make it easier to retract.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and let mitosis do its work.