I have suffered with TMJ headaches daily for years now. I have been going to Physical Therapy which is helping. I am 32 years old and I am at the point in my life where my husband and I want to have a baby. I am worried because I have headaches every single day of my life. What kind of medication for TMJ is out there that can be taken during pregnancy? Does anyone know?

I understand what you're going through, I'm 33 years old also with TMJ. My husband and I are trying to start a family and we were searching info on safe drug during pregnancy. However, your doctor would be able to advise which drugs are safe as well. I guess you are on therapy now. I only take medication during certain times of my cycle just to be safe. And good news is, I’ve heard from one of the assistants at my specialist's office, that a lot of TMJ symptoms disappear during pregnancy.

I am 24 years old and pregnant with my second child. I was diagnosed with TMJ when I was 20. I had a minor problem with locking in the first trimester of my first pregnancy. I locked almost completely shut while vomiting one morning. My doctor said that it was just because if the morning sickness and that I shouldn't have any problems (migraines) that tylenol couldn't handle. I wasn't able to take most of my prescribed meds because they aren't safe for a fetus. Just remember your physical therapy and drink lots of fluid and sleep. You should fair fine.

i am 7 weeks pregnet and have had tmj for a few years and my tmj is getting worse juring the pregnecy and all i can take is panadol and it dont do much.

I have had Tmj for many years and I hadn't had a flare up for a while.
At 13 weeks pregnant it came back. It hurts, yes... but for the baby I am totally excited so I try not to think about it. It helps to get a massage in neck and shoulders If you want a baby, don't let that stop you. Some people find headaches go away. I still have Tmj but with less migraine pain which is more bearable.

I am 24 and 14 weeks pregnant, and having a horrible flare up of my TMJ symptoms. About three weeks ago, my jaw starting aching horribly, and I have been to the ER, a TMJ specialist, physical therapist, dentist, and of course my OB, and nothing has really helped. My OB just prescribed a steriod for me today to take for five days to get the inflammation down, but I am nervous to take it. I have been in such excruciating pain that I have actually lost a little weight because I can't eat much right now, so I am at my wits end trying to make the pain better. I take a lot of tylenol, which doesn't help my pain much.
Good luck..