Hi. I`m 25 yo and had a miscarriage last year. I`m pregnant again, but feel a great lower abdominal pain. A doctor told me that my pregnancy is eptopic, that I will have to remove the developing cells and that the baby cannot be born. I think there is something wrong with my body. Don`t know much about eptopic pregnancy, only that it occurs outside the womb. Anybody with more info?

Hi. I had my first miscarriage two years ago, and it was a traumatic experience. Last year, the same story repeated. This year was marked by ectopic pregnancy, but I won`t give up. I think that I can have a normal pregnancy. Anyway, ectopic pregnancy is abnormal pregnancy, that occurs outside the womb and, rarely, in the ovary or the stomach area. So, your pregnancy cannot continue to the term. But, when your doctor fix the matter, soon you will be ready to try again.

Hey there im a 29 yr old that has basically been throught the same thing, last year i experienced a miscarriage at 10wks and a couple of months ago i experienced an ectopic pregnancy at 11 wks and let me tell you i felt as though i couldnt go on, i felt very negative and didnt want to try and basically wasnt in the mood to see anyone, but then i thought life is to short and im sure with patience as hard as that might be im sure both yourself and me will eventually become parents so good luck and i hope you and myself get what is meant to be .... a healthy pregnancy and we carry to full term.

I was under major stress during the first 2 pregnancies, I lost them both within the first few weeks of pregnancy.
But after that I changed jobs, cut my hours to part time which cut waaay down on my stress level. After changing jobs I started walking, not alot but at least everyday and lost about 10 or 15 pounds. That also helped change my blood pressure. During that time I was really beginning to feel great and then I got pregnant. I started spotting at 2 mos and also around 4 mos but layed down right away and had my feet elevated. This helped tremendously and I was able to carry 2 pregancies to full term. I was 35 when I had my first baby girl and 37 when I had my baby boy. I have to say that cutting way down on the stress in my life and cutting my working hours HELPED MORE THAN ANYTHING... and also my walks around the neighborhood gave me the physical strength to carry a baby full term. I don't understand it but stress IS a killer. Change jobs, go part time or simply quit and have your husband pay the bills! (that is if your partner is really serious about having a baby to full term.) It honestly saved my next two baby lives as well as mine! (no more heartache!!) --- but just know that sometimes there are physical problems that you may not be aware of in your body and this would behoove you to go to a specialist vs. an average ob/gyn if you are trying after a second miscarriage. I say this because my friend found out after 2 miscarriages that she had a blood clotting disorder which caused her to miscarry & she had no way of knowing. She is a healthy 33 year old at the time and would run, eat right, was very slim and trim and she had no way of knowing that she had such a disorder. She also found out that she was a carrier for turner's syndrome but would never have know had she not gone to a specialist. Her regular ob doctor never knew to run certain tests and after the first miscarriage said to go ahead and get pregnant again, which she lost the 2nd one as well. So, again, go to a SPECIALIST! Don't risk another heartache or painful experience. God bless! Chrissy

Hi I'm a 26 year old and have lost 3 babies 2 of which were from eptopics. The first one my left tube ruptured and I had to have emergency surgery, the second we caught ahead of time and were able to take care of with a medication called methotrexate ( a form of cemo therapy.) After the problem is taken care of you can have a procedure called HSG done and the results will tell if your tubes are blocked or open (a blocked tube is one of the causes of an eptopic) also if there is just some debri in your tube this HSG will clear it and chances are you will be pregnant in 1-3 months after. Also I would be sure and see a high risk ob/gyn or atleast one who has dealt with eptopics. Hope this helps some...Good luck!

eptopics are nothing to mess around with. I almost died from one.
I was young and stupid and had never heard of them. I had pain in my upper stomach but new I had a DR appointment in a day. I was afraid of taking more time off from my job.

I waited and almost lost my life because of it bursting. I lost 1 tube and ovary then and later due to all the scar tissue ended up with and complete Hysterectomey when I was 32. I am now 45 and have once again recently began having pain due to scare tissue.

DO NOT PROCRASTINATE

well i'm a mom of one child healthy nothing wrong with him healthy laber and everything me and my fiance have been trying now for over 2 years two have a second on march break of 2007 i found out i was pregnant but only because i was having severe pain my doctor tried telling me it was normal i new better pain that i couldn't even walk or sit no thats not right he sent me for ultrasounds i had 3 every time no baby and no heart beat i went to the hospital and demanded that they remove the baby seeing as i was already 10 weeks the doctor treated me like c**p and sent me home well because of that i ended up losing the baby at 12 weeks hemarraged in front of my of my 2 year old son he was crying poor thing i passed out twice in my fiance arms in the hospital they made me wait 4 hours in the back screaming in pain the nurse had the nerve to tell me stop and closed the door. i then needed two blood transfusion and a d and c and what did my doctor say sorry this doesn't happen often but i knew it mothers no best. then i found out i was pregnant halloween day of 2007 this time no pain but i started getting shoulder pains that went to my lower back i new there was a problem went to the hospital once again no baby and no heart beat what is weird is that the womb is there but no baby. well i just found out 2 days ago once again that i am pregnant and once again in oct a year after with migrains neck pains and shoulder pains i also have pain to my lower left side went to the hospital and what happened i got sent home with lets see blood test done and that it. i'm fustrated i no theres a problem but my doctor don't wanna look it to it or run test untel i lose 6 babys i'm sorry that is a little over borde after the second u no there a problem what to do????? my fiance said if this one doesn't happen this done his sick of seeing me go through the pain. i stop working since i've found out i sleep all day and all night i've been eating good and taking my vitamines

I am 23 and was just recently diagnosed with PCOS and just the week before last on a sunday I was constantly having stabbing pains in my lower abdomen and it finally got to the point i couldnt take it anymore.. So I just had and external and internal sono done and they think I'm having and eptopic pregnancy but I had blood drawn yesterday and it came back negative. Could I still be having an eptopic pregnancy???