Hi

I  need help with TMJ Symptoms:

pain in teeth

pain in jaws

pain on left side of face

Pain in the neck

pain at the back of the scull mostly on the left side which radiates around my head

difficulty sleeping

stresed

Treatments:

ultrasound on jaw

exercises-physical therapy

mouth guard-dentist

hot and cold compresses on face

medication -  over the counter pain medication, muscle relaxers, codeine with Tylenol, Klonopin (no longer

taking, have withdrawn from)

biofeedback

I probably have  forgotten some symptoms and treatments. I have had TMJ

for many years. bu now I am in a very bad period.

Any suggestions?

Judy

Hello J107,

I have the same problem but it is on my right side.  I seem to have the same symptoms you do.  I haven't had it for very long but it can be very uncomfortable.  It can keep you from sleeping.  Sometimes it makes you feel like you want to rip your teeth out.  I found that if I sleep on my back (I'm really a side sleeper) with three pillows under my head, I can allow my jaw and mouth to relax.  It's important to keep the jaw properly aligned during the night.  I found within two weeks that my pain subsided.  You really have to concentrate on this but it does work.

About 4 weeks ago the dentist discovered I had a cracked, infected tooth which I had extracted, It solved some of the problem,
but not all. The extraction of the tooth has trigger a flare-up of my fibromyalgia. Comments or suggestions are welcome. I continue to truck
on.

Judy

Tmj question about symptoms

Susan,

Thank you for the information. Also It is nice to know that I am not alone with my problems.

Judy