im 23 and had my tonsills out about a month ago... i have healed perfectly and have been off all meds for about 2 weeks... I eat healthy and keep myself hydrated... i become dizzy and a little off balance when I try to ease into my everday schedule...i stared walking at the gym fo about 5 min and almost fainted... plus i skipped my period (probably stress)... whats going on with the dizziness...

not getting enough fluids and not eating enough probably... try drinking more fluids and eat more food. Then slowly get back to your days to days activities

-----------------------------------------
EMT/Doctor to be

People are usually scared. Some people are scared the most because their doctors haven't told them and introduced them with possible tonsillectomy side effects , that are really often. Here are some side - effects of getting your tonsils removed.

• you will be in the pain, especially after the first couple of days,
  • you will have a hard time while you are trying to drink and eat,
  • bad breath, scabs and bleeding are one of the most common side-effects after this procedure,
  • changes in breathing as well,
  • nasal voice will be one of the most common problems.

I hope that I was able to help you. Good luck!

I am a 20 year old girl and am getting my tonsils out on monday (11/02/08), I have to say I am very scared, not of the pain but of being under general anaesthtic, I have never been through surgery like this before, also I would like to know if when i wake up from the surgery how long will I have to wait before I can have a drink of water. Any replies would be much appreciated. Thank You :-)

I only had to wait an hour before they gave me ice chips and ice cream, i dont suggest ice cream tho, lol. I am 19 and i got my tonsils out yesterday, still in alot of pain but its managable, you will be ok i promise

claire dont be scared im 15 and i just got mines out 5 days ago when i woke up in the recovery room it didnt hurt a bit cuzz i still had the anthesia soo thtz a good point the anthesia helpsss.....theyll probably make u wieght a lil till u are finally awake from the anthesia and then give u waterr hope it goes fine for u

I had my surgery on Dec.19,2009. I wish I never had it done. I vomit constantly and had nose bleeds. I lost 15 pounds in three weeks. Also in my third week after surgery I got pneumonia. And had to go back in the hospital for 7 days. I'm still not eating soft foods yet. I eat jello and icees also broth. I still have stitches and waiting for them to dissolve. The doctor said he would have to remove them. Hopefully things will get better. 8-|

It's only April 2009, how did you have your surgery in December 2009? Very confused...

I just had my tonsils out this morning.. so far so good.. have not been in pain yet, just a mild discomfort when i swallow...

Immediately after hospital i could drink body temperature water but could not drink anything else.. i tried a blend of banana milk and honey.. Oh Dear... my partner finished it off for me.. XD

As the day progresses, i am feeling better and better.. i am now drinking loads of ice cold water and that is going down nicely.. i had half pot of ice cream and should move on to real food tomorrow.

My suggestion is that if you are not able to eat solids yet, think about blending your food and turning it into a soup like consistency. If you can eat/drink it at body temperature great, but if not, you may want to think about putting it into the fridge for a while and having it cold.. it may sound gross but that way you still have your nutrients and should not feel so much pain..

good luck to you all and to me...

I'm 26 and just had my tonsils taken out yesterday. I tried eating some yogurt but just can keep it down. I can only drink fluids. My throat hurts somewhat, it's just the stitches that are bothering me and some numbing of my tongue. :(

Hi:
Could you have developed an inner ear infection before or after the surgery. That might cause you symptoms as well. How is your nutrition. Your body has been using more energy during the healing process and it probably still is. Could you be anemic? These are important questions that, if unanswered, could effect your future health. Pose these questions to an appropriate doctor and ask for some testing. I know that things will improve soon. Don't delay with your medical visit. Your body is still healing. Please let us know how you are doing.

hi im 17 i had my tonsill out july 24th. i become a little dizzy but only for a moment or two at a time. i am healing just fine. i am a little constipated though. i do not "go" every single day. is that a bad sign? and i also missed my period, i was easing into it but it was cut short after the surgery, is that normal? or should i be worried? could all of the meds im still on be messing with it? if you know anything please let me know. I thought i heard a nurse say it might mess with my period bleeding but i was so out of it after the surgey i cant be sure.

im 37 had my tonsills out over two weeks ago, it went well wasn't in much pain, but 5 days later when i became off balance constantly dizzy and nauseas. im feeling better than i was but am still not right, im still dizzy when i move my head, its horrible, feel drunk when walking. Can't wait to feel normal again.

I had my tonsils taken out in June of this year, the op went well it was not bad at all but the pain afterwards for me sucked....my question is - is it normal for your taste to be totally different....i don't know if that makes sense but to me it seems like everything i eat has a very bleek taste and it is only since the op??? Even water tastes like bleek???
To be honest i am glad i only had to have it done once.....

Hey everyone, im 20 years old and i had my tonsils and adnoids out december 22 2009 and must i say that this is the worst decision i have ever made. I am going nuts. my doctor had to come see me today at home (christmas day) because i was going to faint and im am so dehydrated. i cant swallow one thing i am going 4 days without any fluids or soft foods. i throw up, if i try to take my medicine it just come right out my nose. i hate this mor than anything. im so thirsty. im so jealous for thoes of you who could drink the next day. thos sucks!