Hello, my 4 yr old had his tonsils and adnoids removed 1 week ago. He still seems to become dehydrated, he doesnt want to eat very much wether its ice cream or anything else. Some stuff that he drinks comes out of his nose. His lips are dry lips. And he seems to be lethargic

My nephew had the tonsillectomy and he went through the same recovery period like your son. He was also feeling tired and exhausted all the time after the surgery, he refused to eat and drink, he was also complaining about the pain he felt in his throat and was getting some injections to relieve the pain every now and then. The recovery lasted more than a week and it was pretty hard.
My nephew also was dehydrated because he hadn’t been taking any liquid at all, he just couldn’t swallow anything the first 48 hours and that’s why it happened to him. And feeling lethargic is just the consequence of not eating at all, he loss weight and looked pretty bad.
You should try to make your son some mild soups and puddings, also some soft mixed food will do him good. Make him drink yoghurt, and I have also heard that ice cream is a very good thing after the surgery.
Wish you the fast recovery for your son.

My daughter had her tonsils and adnoid taken out and tubes put in two weeks ago. We thought that her speech would import and it has NOT. I cannnot understand what she is trying to say to me at times. I'm really upset, she was a talkative four year old before this with excellent announciation. Can anyone give me any hope??