I have a problem that has been going on for more than two weeks. Since I have no insurance, I was not at the doctor’s yet, so I shall post my problem here. I have a tongue pain under my tongue. I didn’t bite my tongue or anything similar, so I do not know what is causing this. Any suggestions?

Hey there,
well, my first suggestion is to visit a doctor anyway. I am not a med professional, but I did a little research for you. There are many possibilities for pain under tongue, and just to name few: tongue injury, biting the tongue (you say you didn’t bite it), oral infections, cancer sore, cold sores, herpes simplex, tongue ulcers, poorly fitting dentures, anemia, heavy smoking, tongue cancer, neuralgia, dental pain, heart pain and disorders, angina, bowel disorders, brain disorders and others. There are also some other disorders that are possible. As you see, some of mentioned causes are very serious – my aim is not to scare you, but just to let you know that some causes are even lethal and you should be definitely aware of that. You should visit your doctor!