I am a 53 year old female who has been experience a fluttering directly under my right breast.  It is the same feeling of a baby moving when I was pregnant beaucoup years ago.  No pain at all experienced with this and it comes and goes.  It started a couple of weeks ago  Any ideas what it could be?

Hi FarDelDuh

The fluttering sensation may be neuralgia (nerve related pain) or palpitations [after menopause].

Neuralgia is pain caused by abnormal structure or function of a nerve. There are different causes such as diabetes, trauma, vitamin b12 deficiency, ms, alcohol use, exposure to toxins, side effect of medication.

Palpitations are abnormal heart rhythm , there may be a change in the rate or rhythm of the heart beat.

There are also a large number of causes for palpitations. Some of the causes include anemia, thyroid disease, side effect of medication, excess caffeine use, heart disease (for example enlarged heart), abnormal electrolytes.

The treatment would vary depending on the exact reason for the fluttering sensation. Suggest you visit a doctor for proper evaluation of your case. Good luck

Did you ever found out reason for this? I'm 52 and experiencing same thing.

Does anyone know if this fluttering under my right breast life threatening?

Hi i am a 26 year old woman. No children yet. I have been having a vibrating/fluttering feeling under my right breast without any pains for the past few days.

What could this mean?

Should I go see a doctor?

I thought could be gallstones

I am 47 started working and now i fell it also under my right breast just thought I was fat and out of shape