My skin that connects my tongue to the floor of my mouth is sore and white and it hurts when I move my tongue around. I have searched the internet and the only thing I have found is a condition called tongue-tied but that is for infants and it not really the case. I can move my tongue, but it hurt this piece of skin. It looks normal size, just white. Its officially called lingual frenulum. Has anyone ever heard of this and should I see a dentist?

Sorry, the piece of skin is called the lingual frenulum

How long have you been having this problem? The tongue tie is usually caused by the short and thick lingual frenulum and it definitely causes you to have limited tongue movements. There are several degree of this condition. I am not sure what your degree is, but complete tongue tie is when your tongue is tethered to the floor of the mouth. This may cause problems in speech and sometimes people with this condition feel ashamed causing them to have social problems. The thing is that I don’t know what actual treatment is consisted of. Have you talked to your doctor about this? Are you considering to visit him if you already didn’t?
I hope some of this information helped you.

my 10 yr old daughter has the same problem. her lingual frenulum looks like it has shrunk, it has gone white and very painful. seeing doctor this afternoon. will post back what he says later!

Did you find out what this was, coz my nine year old son seems to be suffering with the same problem? Painful frenulum under the tongue!

Did you ever find out what this was? My 10 year old is currently having the exact same problem.