Few months ago, my grandfather started to complain he feels chest pain when breathing. I am worried; somehow, I believe it cannot be good. Since he is old, I think maybe that is normal to feel some pain when breathing. Anyway, I am afraid that could be lung cancer or some other dangerous disease. Can you tell me more about this, and which disorders are involved with chest pain when breathing?

Many diseases involve chest pain as one of the symptoms. That is an extremely serious symptom because it may immediate of some dangerous diseases. Following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of chest pain as a symptom. They are likely to be other possible causes so the best is to ask a doctor about exact symptoms he feels. Chest pain can occur because of heart attack, angina, anxiety attack, and panic attack. Maybe the worst is lung cancer, which is common cause of chest pain when breathing. That cancer is believed to develop over a period of many years, so if your grandfather used to smoke, or still smoke, he should report that to his doctor. There are some other symptoms of lung cancer beside chest pain, so if you recognize any more, definitely you should told your grandfather to visit a doctor. These symptoms are constant chest pain, shortness of breath, wheezing, and recurrent lung infections, such as pneumonia or bronchitis. These patients experience fatigue, headaches, loss of appetite and weight, sometimes and bone fractures.