Im 20 years old, and two weeks ago I had my tonsils removed. A week after surgery i experienced bleeding. I noticed the blood after i had woke from sleeping. I wasnt thinking when i decided to clear my throat of the blood in which i beleive made it worse. I shouldve tried ICE AND WATER and just swallowed the blood. Nonetheless i had to go back into surgery. The next day I was cleared to go home, and beleive it or not I felt 10 times better than the first time, there was WAY less pain and I found talking to be easier as well. 2 hours after i got home i took a shower (holding ice in my mouth haha!), and brushed my teeth. i used mouthwash and lightly gargled into the back of my throat. This caused a scab to come loose and I noticed it being washed down the sink. 5 minutes later i felt warm liquid coming up and out of my throat. THE BLEEDING WAS TERRIBLE. I then had to be rushed to the hospital, and again my wounds were re cauterized. while i was awake. The fear of bleeding again is greater than the pain which is no problem to me. Im on day 5 of taking it easy, and i notice a weird blood bubble about a quarter of the size of a pinky nail on the edge of a scab on the right side of my throat. it looks as if soon enough the scab will clear the edge of the bubble. WHAT IS THIS BUBBLE? and if it is damaged, or if the scab uncovers it WILL I BLEED AGAIN? if I do bleed i will know how to judge the severity of it, Im just really worried about it. Can anybody relate to this or give me some info?

Wow really sorry to hear that, i can't imagine the pain you are going through and the worrying.Well, i am now 1 month post tonsillectomy and i gotta say i had some minor complications but now it seems that it's all coming to an end.My complications started when i first felt the pain was gone.That was 5 days before New Year and i thought great the pain is gone i can go drink alcohol now and smoke cigarettes and party like hell.NO.I only made it worse,the pain came back, i got sick i got an inflammation on my wounds.So,take it easy,don't let the relief fool you.The pain is still there,just maybe slightly gone.Drink plenty of cold fluids except Coca-Cola and orange juice cause they will irritate your wounds and maybe you'll end up bleeding again.Don't eat solid food at least for week and a half.Be patient about everything.My doctor said you may experience pain even after 2 or 3 months after the surgery cause,man,think it like this,we got CUT in a sensitive area.It takes time to heal properly,don't worry.I mean heck even a small cut on the elbow or leg from a fall while riding a bike will take time to heal and regenerate.Hope you get better and write to me as soon as you can so we can discuss what should you do next :)