Please bare with me everyone i am on lots of painmeds that dont agree with my brain properly and im very anxious depressed in pain and have a lot of my mind.

i had a tonsillectomy,septoplasty & turbinate reduction  done at the sametime. It has been complete and utter hell.  an hour after my sugery i choked on a blood clot and then started profusing bleeding from my nose/throat had to go under anethesia twice in less than a 4 hour period the doctor still does not know why i had a blood clog the size of a golf ball choke me then start making me bleed the way i did she had her collegues check as well and they are all stumped i am a for the most part perfectly healthy 28 year old male> at any rate i have been in out of the emergency room due to dehydration and pain issues since the surgery. I'm starting to not trust hospitals and doctors in general. I went in to the ER to get IV fluids cause of dehydration and they over dosed me on morphine which caused me to projectile vomite and caused me to be readmitted to the hospital for more iv fluids and more pain meds.. my doctor never seems to have any anwers for me or is also busy or not around or in surgery or not in the office and no one can ever give me any answers and even acknowledge that anything is wrong or NOT NORMAL.. but anyways im getting off topic..

ive been miserable off and on ever since... I had a very good day (almost pain free) just the other day followed by the worst day/pain ive ever had the next day. I also visually check my throat every day to see how things are "coming along" the day i was feeling good everything still looked gross but "normal" as far as im aware, The next day i felt the worst i've ever felt and visually checked my throat..

this is very hard to describe but bear with me, theres two long flaps of skin attached from both sides of the throat and connect to an area next to uvula they are positioned at an angle and  they look to be the "pockets" that held the tonsils in place.. at any rate when i checked them on this "bad day" the left side looked normal healthy and starting to heal great little to no pain in my throat or nose i can breath perfectly through my left nostril no ear ain every A> O> K> but the Right side of my throat, i noticed a hole in the skin flap closest to the back of the throat wall(?) , not the very back of my throat but the flap of skin farthest back that say the back side of the tonsil was attached to... this hole was the size of a pencil erasor. needless to say this was not normal, and i was in excruciating pain, as soon as i noticed this pain and this hole.. all pain meds stopped working and i could barely swallow. sharp stabbing pains unlike the normal pain ive been experience which was far more bearable than this pain from this "hole"

so i called my ENT office.. my surgeon was in surgery all day friday and would not be back in the office till monday, so i talked to a nurse.. i asked to switch pain meds and she called another ENT doctor who gave me a prescription for Hydromorphone(delauded) 2mg  instead of the Roxicet 5/325(liquid percocet) The nurse also asked this ENT doctor about the hole i noticed in my throat and he pretty much brushed it off and said ill probably be fine, he never actually saw the hole and niether did the nurse.

so I went to pick up the prescription for the stronger pain medicine, and went to fill my prescription took the pain medicine and felt no relief what so ever. Mean while ive been checking my throat all day watching this very small hole become a much larger hole. through out the entire day the hole went from pea size to the size of my thumb, the last time it was an actual "hole" there just a thin thread of skin  keeping it a hole.. finally towards the end of the day there was no longer a hole and that hole flap of skin is completely gone so now i have 1 flap of skin that held my tonsils in place on the right side of my throat and 2 flaps of skin still looking perfectly normal on the left side of my throat this flap that was attached to the back side of the right tonsil is gone or has been folded away and is no longer attached to the area around the uvual... my right nostril has had lots of clotting and blockage and weird substances that almost look like cartilage when i blow my nose it took me 2 hours to clear my right nostril by blowing and saline flushing ended up getting about a golf ball size amount of fluids, tissue,blots,blood out of my right nostril.. i have had ear pain in my right ear. and before i got my tonsils removed my right tonsil had been swollen for over a year, i would always get ear infections and sinus infections on the right side of my face... and sure enough thats the side that this "hole appreared on" ... so Right side of my head nothing but complications. left side of head feels perfectly normal fine free and clear... Im going to try to make it through the weekened with this excruciating pain that liquid percocet and delauded dont seem to even be touching and hope my ENT has some answers for me if she can see me on monday... i feel like they are gointg to have to put be under anesthesia to re attach this skin flap.. but on the other hand it doesnt seem all that necessary???? i don't know  can anyone shed some light please???? i wish i knew what parts of my body were called so i could give a more thurough description instead of skin flaps and holes but i'm sorry im very ignorant and really screwed up on non working pain meds right now

Hello, Guest... I understand how you would be very upset about the tonsillectomy and how things do not look as they should.  I hope you get into the doctor first thing and see what he says about it.  I really hope you don't have to go through a second surgery.  It is bad enough to go through it once. Good luck to you!

Is there other people out there that have had a tonsilectomy and had things go wrong?  What happened and what did the surgeons have to do about it?  How long did the surgical procedure take to finally heal correctly?

Iv got the thread too! Im petrified itl snap as its getting thinner but its alive still.iv got a chest infection and throat infection which doctors kept sending me away til today. Did your thread bleed Too? Xoh I am on two week's on monday coming up since had tonsillectomy x

Have you heard anything??? How was it resolved?? I have the exact same issue!!!

I have the same thing. After tonsillectomy there was a hole on the right side. It was barely there and got bigger and bigger until it ripped open. Not there's a piece dangling and I'm basically missin half of my soft palate. The whole right side of the uvula is hollow now. How did yours get resolved? I'm terrified I'll have to get corrective surgery and the area huts quite a bit.

Hi could anyone please update me on what happened please did you have to get further surgery???

Hi could you please tell me what happened about this hole did it get better or snap etc and what happened when it did? Did u need another op?

Original Poster here.

Sorry I totally forgot about this posting, it's been a long time since the surgery, but to answer some questions, The hole got so large, the flap of skin that had the hole just eventually disappeared all together, my throat now feels fine and I haven't had any sinus or throat issues since recovery, my nostrils are like wind tunnels and I dont get sore throats or sinus infections any more. The surgery was totally worth it, though it was an extremely painful and miserable experience and I almost died in the hospital. I would do it again.

Reading my original post now, is actually quite hilarious, I can't believe how obnoxious that post was HAHA, Drugs are bad mmmkay!

Thank you for updating. I am on day 8 and have the exact same thing going on. I was a bit concerned but your reply put my mind at ease.