Hello. I'm 25 year old male and I'm pretty worried right now. So, if someone can help me-please do so. For last six months I had big problems with one tooth which was causing me pain every time I eat something sweet or cold. So, I have decided to visit my dentist because there was a visible cavity on the tooth.
Doctor examined it quickly and told me that he will probably do a root canal procedure, but before that I must do an x-ray picture of the tooth because it was very big. After doing so, he looked at the picture and told me that I have some disorder called thickening of the jaw bone. So, he scheduled me for a week to take some time and think about this. What is this and is it something serious!?

Hello. I have read your post and that issue really got me interested. You see, I have read a lot about one disorder of the jaw bone called Hyperostosis and I can tell you some stuff about it although I don’t know is this your problem or not. Hyperostosis means an excessive growth of bone, which may lead to formation of a mass projecting from a normal bone. It can happen on every bone on the body and the jaw bone or mandible isn’t exception.
Hyperostosis occurs in various pathologic conditions, including Pagets disease, hyperostosis frontalis interna, frontometaphyseal dysplasia, fibrous dysplasia, and several others. Like I said, maybe this isn’t your case and probably the best thing for you would be to wait your dentist decision in a week period.