I had my thyroid taken out the 21st oct 09 because it was large nodule goilter. I have been feeling very tired and exhausted and having pain shooting in my neck, the registar did say that it was a big thyroid and it was a challenge getting it out, I also feel tightness of my throat and feeling very low and want to cry, I already suffer with depression, my voice is a little husky and I can't speak high tones or shout, which is good for my children (me not shouting) What I want to know when will I feel normal again. How long will all this go on for, and should I go back to see my doctor.
Thanks

I had a total thyroidectomy two and a half years ago .i have lost my voice and only have a whisper ..I have had cortisone and Botox treatment but alas no better..I suffer from depression since the surgery as my world has been tuned in turmoil..I wonder if I will ever get my voice back