I have had t total thyroidectomy on the 21st october this year 09. I want to know if its normal the way i'm feeling, and how long will I feel like this, I have no energy feel exhasuted im on 125mg already, I feel a tightness around my throat which doc said its the scarring tissues inside. My voice is a little husky and I can't reach a high tone or shout, good for my children (me not shouting) and also I have pain in my neck shooting through now and again. I'm not sure whether to go back to docs any advice.
Thank you

I can only tell you what I have experienced from having my thyroidectomy. I had mine thyroid removed March 8th and everything went so well. No pain after the surgery except to swallow for a couple days which was no big deal. Two days later I had an apparent calcium defficiency and had a muscle spasm all over my body to the point where I couldnt move and it affected my speech. I thought I was having a stroke but thankfully not the case. I have been taking 100mcg of synthroid and calcitriol along with chewable does of calcium every 4 hours since my surgery. Everything seemed to be going well and then last week I started feeling very tired all the time, had tingling and a sleepy feeling in my feet and hands, I have been extremly cold and I was always hot before and I have had this tightness sometimes in my chest. I even have a foggy feeling in my mind and my eye twitches. I have to force myself to eat and when I do eat I feel sick. My blood pressure is a little high @ 152 over 100 which they tell me is fine given surgery and stuff. I have an unstaedy feeling when I walk around and even have some cramping in my legs and arms which may be a side effect of the bad spasms I had from calcium defficiency. I have been to the urgent care twice and ER twice because I am just not feeling ok and worry that something else is wrong but all the doctors tell me that I am just severly hyperthyroid still and that the symptoms I am feeling is due to the high level of thyroid in my system and so they lowered my synthroid to 88mcg and have prescribed an anxiety medication. During all of the situations my brother had routine surgery and experienced a setback and ended up in ICU where he flat lined and almost didnt make it. Thankfully my brother is better but I still feel like c**p and need them to get all of this worked out so I can feel better and support my family better. Can you please let me know what your doctors are doing about your situation and if any of this sounds normal. I ddont know how many more time I can push them to fix my issues. Please Help........