Hi, my very good friend is 26 years old and she is not feeling well in last few weeks. She has temperature and she is very weak. When she visited her doctor he asked her if she or her boyfriend is taking some drugs. She was very surprised with such question but doctor explained her that he is suspecting on hepatitis b. I would like to know what the risks for hepatitis b are.

Hi, there are several things which may involve you to the risk of getting hepatitis b. First it may be intravenous taking of drugs where several persons are using same needle. Also you may get it in tattoo saloons if needles are not sterilized properly. Medical workers are under constant threat of hepatitis b because they are working with blood and needles from potentially infected person. However hepatitis b may be transmitted trough sexual intercourse.