i wanted to know how do you know if alergic to condoms or lubricant or anything in that matter??? %-)
because i had sex with my bf and i had a burning and iching feeling 3 days after....
and im planning on doin it again but i dont know wat to do if i am alergic to any of that
please help ......
i appreciate ur help thanks :-)

I used to have the same problem as you. I'm allergic to a lot of things so hey why not latex, right? But anyways I switched to a non-latex condom called Polyurethane. It is made by different brands including TROJAN, so you can go to a store and get them or either you can order them off the net. Just google the words POLYURETHANE CONDOMS, and you should have a list of all the brands to pick from. Hope I helped a little bit. But if the burning continues then you should go to your gynecologist.

Most condoms are made of latex and a lot of people develop allergies to latex. Trojans, and other manufacturers do make non-latex condoms. Polyurethane is often used, check the package.

You can also find natural or "lambskin" condoms. They are effective against pregnancy but not again STD's due to the size of the pores.

I'm not sure what lubricant you used but check the brands.

Hope it helps.

Hey Medic-Dan... is it possible to be allergic to something and your body only react in some places but not others?

Jay,

If you're allergic to something your body will produce a histamine reaction when exposed, but, it can depend upon the level of exposure.

Intact skin is a very good barrier. Mucous membranes exposure would be much more likely provoke a response.

Ok so I'm pretty sure that I'm allergic, I couldn't see any other reason why I used to break out and have this burning sensation. But whenever I would get blood taken the band that's used to make the veins pop was latex and i never broke out on my arm or when they would touch me with latex gloves. But when I would go and get check-ups the doc used latex gloves and touch my vagina, I would break out. And now I only use Polyurethane type. So my question is (hope u can answer it) why did I only break out there and not when touched anywhere else?

That sounds like an allergy Jay.

Your vagina is a mucous membrane, it's wet. It is easier for your body to be exposed to the allergen, the latex, through that route than by just having it on your skin.

There is an equally good chance that if your dentist used anything latex that you'd have a reaction.

Most medical equipment is now non-latex because of the number of allergies that are occurring.

That is what happens actually, THANKS A LOT!!!!! My dentist uses non-latex gloves so that's why I never tied it all together. Thanks a lot dude I really appreciate it now that I know for sure. And Hearts I hope we helped a little bit with what's going on with you.

yeah because im a swimer and we use latex caps and ive used latex gloves and other stuf that llatex but condoms there the only thing that im alergic too...

wat if i am alergic and i keep usin latex condom can anything else happen?

like the other stuff i dint get a allergic reaction only condoms...

So maybe it's like what Medic-Dan told me, like you don't react to surface contact but if you were to come in contact with it in your mouth then you might react to it that way also. So that's probably why you don't react to wearing the gloves and the swimming cap. Try switching your condoms to a natural or polyurethane type and use lubricants that don't consists of latex.... and if the burning continues then go to your doctor. Mine hasn't gotten worse but there's always the potential of it getting worse and you having a really bad to deadly reaction. But switch it up and see if that works and if so then you more than likely have a low allergy to latex. Good Luck

If you continue to use them then the reaction may become worse. Like the more you're exposed to it than the worse it can become. Kind of like when you're born you may never be allergic to a type of something but you can actually grow an allergy over time, and the more you're exposed to it then the worse the allergy can become until you react to it, and the reaction may be mild or it could be really severe

i dont think im allergic to latex in general because this has never happened to me before but the guy i am with now only uses trojan condoms so is it posssible that it is just that brand? we tried a different brand that his friend had and it didnt bother me please help!!!

yeah I guess that can be possible and since you said that it's never happened before and it didn't happen when you used another brand then that could be it.... so just try a different brand that's latex and if it doesn't bother you then that's probably why