I noticed some rash on the penis because I was using spermicide condoms. How can I avoid this?

Most condoms are made of latex (spemicide) and when person is alergic to latex this can lead to more serious side effects that just rash. Some people experience shortness of breath, they are even feeling faint. Sometimes swelling of the skin occurs shortly after contact with latex. In rare cases this allergy can be also fatal. If you are really allergic to latex, you should inform also your dentist. Besides condoms, interesting, you might also be allergic to avocado, potato, banana, tomato and kiwi, but not necessary.
Best thing to do is, simply, using non latex condoms.
Regards!

hey, i used a condom for first time in 2 years yesterday now 2day my bellend is swollen, like a bubble, is this serious what can i do to help it?

Thankyou

If you're allergic to spermicides (which is common) ... just don't use condoms with spermicides. They don't give you that much added protection anyways.

Ok, well Me && My Fiance used a spermicide condom for the first time && at first we were fine but because we did it later in the night we took a shower afterward && pasted out. When I woke up the next morning I was experiencing some soreness && tenderness around && on my vagina. Later on I developed a rash that didn't so much, itch but more or less burned. In the end it blistered all over && I broke out on my inner legs.
Now, I have discharge that makes me feel like I've peed myself && puss because of the blisters that cover the whole vaginal region, but only on the outside as far as I can tell. Only on the lips && towards the top.

What is worse is it hurts so much to go to the bathroom because of the blisters being where they are. I was told to drink a lot of water to dilute the urine but it still hurts really bad. && theirs not much odor then again I'm not shoving my face in my crotch to get a smell.

Now, I know this much be some kind of allergic reaction to the spermicide because we used OTHER condoms like Durex && Trojan && none of them cause any problems then we used Life Styles && now I'm in a world of hurt.
Is their some way I can battle the symptoms so they will heal faster so I'm not in this constant discomfort? && is the spermicide in EVERY super thin condom or no?

I'm just confused && angry because I'm in so much pain && want to know what's going on. :-(

I am in the same boat right now as we speak. I recently used a lubricant gel made by Equate that I bought at Wal Mart and I did notice that it burned immediately when I put it on. However, it quickly stopped burning and so I thought ok, it must be ok. Then, when I was with my boyfriend, I started feeling the burning sensation again. I was fine for the next 4 days and then all of a sudden, my genital area started blistering up more and more and I cannot use the bathroom without a lot of burning pain that is pretty much unbearable. After trying several different ointments, vaseline, and other things to ease the painful burning when I pee, I came up with the idea of putting ice cubes down there when I pee and it really works! I know it sounds weird and crazy, but if you hold an ice cube directly on yourself when you pee, it will elieviate the pain of urination burning so you do not have to dread using the bathroom. I hope this helps until your condition becomes better and you no longer have to use ice or anything else when you pee.

I had the same thing happen to me! It hurts so bad I don't even want to walk. I even went and got baby wipes cause toilet paper hurts too bad. What the hell should I do!?! I was really concerned about STDs but my bf is clean and so am...I'm so confused and frustrated!!! HELP ME!!!

I am so sensitive too so many things and I am in a constant state of awareness of any allergies that I may have. But the other night when my BF and I were going to have sex, I made the mistake and reached in a big bag of free condoms from PP and got the LIFE STYLES condom. I have been in pain ever since. I am in pain now. It is a strange pain like when I am sitting there is burning (up there) and I feel like I need to pee a lot. I get UTI's so I did a test at home and it is neg, so I am assuming it was that horrible condom we used. I hope this pain subsides soon does anyone recall how long it took for the symptoms to go away, of this horrible allergic reaction?? Stupid things need to be banned.

I also experienced all of symptoms that you all are talking about. I visited my GYN and it turns out that I did have an allergic reaction to the spermicide in the condoms. He gave me a steroid that will reduce the swelling and make everything return to normal...

My advice: JUST GO TO YOUR GYN! Don't wait for it to heal on it's own because IT WON'T! If it does, it will be a long long time!

what ended up happening? how can you make it go away?

i have used a latex condom. Well basically a women who had multiple sex gave a a latex condom, i put it on and she gave a blow job (oral sex).

After 15 mins of oral sex my penise starts getting itchy and swollen. I think i had an alergic reaction from using latex condom. its really painfull, sometimes you feel so scared and never having sex again. Even though i did not have sex, she only sucked my penise.

there is a very low risk of getting STD such as HIV and aids by oral sex compare to the actual intercourse. But then again it does make you scared when you do it.

i still have the pain, can some one tell me how long the pain lasts?

okay so me and my special friend have been having sex and after we do my vagina gets swollen, red, itchy, and it burns. i dont know what its from and i was wondering if its because i was allergic to a certain type of condom but i've had sex multiple times with condoms and this have never happened before what do you think its from??? HELP!

I'm in the same boat, I recently had sex used a condom n now I'm red itchy n slightly swollen no discharge so I'm not thinking its anything serious any suggestions? ??

Happens to me too. We've switched to "natural lamb" condoms and they work great! They DON'T prevent STDs though, so use in a monogamous relationship. :-D

Me and my girlfriend had sex and used a condom and she got a real bad allergic reaction and it looks really bad but it didnt happen right away we had sex like 2 more times and then that night it looked really bad i need some help for my girl plz tell me something i am really worryed cuz i read it can be fatal. Someone plz help me out!!!