Hello there. I hope that you can help me to deal with the issue of my half sister. Well, she is in love with some dude and she started to be literally crazy about him. But as soon as she meet him, she told me that she believes that he has some issues with his health or his behavior and she was right. That girl from her college told her that he is suffering from endogenous depression. I was wondering what this type of depression is and is there any chances to tell me what are the symptoms of it, how is it manifested? 

basicly its a type of depression .in general its what we called interior depession which is some chemical inbalance in the brain it is not like a social depression or exterior depression where you get depress because you lost your girlfriend ,lost your job ect ect .basicly the interior is categorize as major depresion disorder or" mdd."as far as how it manifest were really not sure many doctors will give you differnt opinions my thought would be that it manifest from manic depressive disoder, but then again its my opinion the symptoms would be like typical depression, sadnes ,insomia ,loss of appetite helplessness , agitation delusional, thought of suicide ect ect ...............i hope this helps god bless

Endogenous depression is a type of major depressive disorder (MDD). Although it used to be seen as a distinct disorder, endogenous depression is now rarely diagnosed. Instead, it’s currently diagnosed as MDD. MDD, also known as clinical depression, is a mood disorder characterized by persistent and intense feelings of sadness for extended periods of time. These feelings have a negative impact on mood and behavior as well as various physical functions, including sleep and appetite. Nearly 7 percent of adults in the United States experience MDD each year. Researchers don’t know the exact cause of depression. However, they believe that it may be caused by a combination of genetic factors, biological factors, psychological factors, and environmental factors.

There are endogenous depression and exogenous depression.

Endogenous depression occurs without the presence of stress or trauma. In other words, it has no apparent outside cause. Instead, it may be primarily caused by genetic and biological factors. This is why endogenous depression might also be referred to as “biologically based” depression.

Exogenous depression happens after a stressful or traumatic event takes place. This type of depression is more commonly called “reactive” depression.

Both of these are quite hard to deal with and quite hard to overcome, but I think that endogenous is worse because it is a biologically based depression, it gets way harder to treat.

People with endogenous depression start to experience symptoms suddenly and for no apparent reason. The type, frequency, and severity of symptoms may vary from person to person.

The symptoms of endogenous depression are similar to those of MDD. They include persistent feelings of sadness or hopelessness, loss of interest in activities or hobbies that were once pleasurable, including sex, fatigue, lack of motivation, trouble concentrating, thinking, or making decisions, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, social isolation, thoughts of suicide, headaches, muscle aches, and loss of appetite or overeating.

I know about all of these because I am suffering from endogenous depression myself.

Hey Rafferty,

I wouldn't think of this as something really different from regular depression. It goes the same way, you are sad all the time, you don't want to talk to people, even if you do, you have really bad thoughts, and nobody really likes listening to you, although that is what you need the most. You get to completely lose your libido and your will for work, making you completely unproductive. People with endogenous depression are capable of spending all day and all night in their beds with only getting up to use the bathroom and not eating at all.

Hello guys. I was talking to her today and she told me that he has this issue - endogenous depression. He told this to her because he saw that she is really into him. She really wants to help him but it seems to her that he really doesn't want to see his doctor at all. I understand that this is a type of depression and that you need to find the best way to deal with it, to heal it but she doesn't know how to help him about this. So, if you have any advice on this issue, let me know. 

Hello.
This is definitely a major depressive disorder. It needs to be healed. I know because I had someone who had this problem around me, so I do know that this is very serious problem and what this can be for the patient and for the patient's family. But it can be serious. People with endogenous depression may not have any idea what they are going through and why they feel melancholic. For example, there are not any reason for the depression, but you are feeling depressed. Some stressful event can cause it as well. I know that my friend had this problem when he ended up his very long relationship, so this can be just one of the reason.
So, tell that girl to give that boy a support.
Good luck.

Oh, yeas. I forgot to mention the symptoms of this depression. I believe that those symptoms are very similar to any other depression symptoms, but a person with endogenous depression can experience a lack of interest and also it may not feel joy in doing some things that he or she was doing before. Maybe he or she enjoyed to do some things before, but now she or he are not into those stuff. Also, person can feel worthless, bad, without self - confidence etc. Lack of energy is also one of the symptoms, fatigue and the person won't feel enjoyable anymore. Those all are possible signs. Good luck!

Hi guys.

Very often, a person who is suffering from this type of depression will often have a reason for it. So I don't agree with those people who are telling that people who suffer from this type of depression don't have a reason for it. In other words this is a type of depression that has been brought by some event or something that has happened before, it doesn't matter did it happened when he was young or older. But it is definitely something that he could not deal with. That is why a lot of people believe that he didn't have any reason for the depression, but he knows that he had...

why are you trying to confuse the situation you are giving false information all the post are saying the same thing so are they all wrong and your right so stay out of it and go do some research