Hi, I am mother of 11 years old boy who is suffering from emotional depression. My son started to behave like that since his grandfather died 6 months ago. He stopped to play with other kids, he was complaining that he was boring and he was talking about runaway from home. When we have visited his doctor he told us that he is suffering from emotional depression. I would like to know something more about this.

Hi, emotional depression among kids is not so rare. Death of his grandfather was situation which disturbed your son and he couldn't cope with it. Sometimes children react like he did and sometimes even worse with abuse of alcohol, drugs or strong fear of death. Treatment may be consisted from two approaches:medications and psychotherapy. Also family has significant role in the therapy of these kids.