I am pretty sure I am going to buy this one (it's used, but just got tuned up) from a friend. It's a hybrid and it seems like a nice ride. Any experience with these??? I am not really a heavy biker, it's mostly cross-training/running errands kind of thing, and possibly a sprint tri.

i don't know much about model numbers but my son is on his second Trek and they have really been a good bike for him - and he tends to beat the livin' snot out of them.

his old one was handed down to littlegirl now.

Change the saddle so you don't look like a granny. ;)

My Trek 1000 is currently pushing 8,000 miles and it seems to be holding up well enough. I've had some minor problems, but nothing that a few dollars couldn't fix.

Change the saddle so you don't look like a granny. ;) My Trek 1000 is currently pushing 8,000 miles and it seems to be holding up well enough. I've had some minor problems, but nothing that a few dollars couldn't fix. 8O 8O 8O wow... I need to ride more... Kristin, I have no experience with the 7300, but my 1000 with significantly less miles than PH has been great.

Cool!!! Thanks for all of your input; it sounds like good experience all-around!!!
And I think he's cutting me a deal, he's only put a few hundred miles on it but wants $2oo for it; (it retails for $549); he just bought the 1000 model and doesn't have space apparently.

And he already changed the seat, I think...it's an Oasis ???(very cushy...which is good).

Besides being a nice-sounding deal, you'll be supporting the mafia! You can't beat that bonus!

If it fits, I'd jump at that deal.

:1:
That's a great price

Well, I LIKE it!! I am buying it, and thanks for the info. It's from one of my SO's best friends, so I know I can trust him. He even is tossing the mileage tracking device and a rack for carrying things (I guess it doubles as a fender in the rain?) and big reflectors and a mirror. Now, any ideas on bike locks?? I hav a few ideas but would like the input...

and BONUS...Larry (SO) is buying my old mountain bike from me (I told him he could have it but he was adamant about paying for it). So this is even a better deal than I could have hoped for!!!! Life is good!!

Kryptonite makes quite a few with bike theft warranties/guarantees as does masterlock. I don't have a lock, my bike is either at home or at work.

I have this one Has a like a $500.00 gurantee. Attaches right to the bike's frame too.

Thanks again!!! Those -locks are nice. And that's what you need here, unforunately....even in this neighborhood you don't leave bikes unlocked outside a store or something.. :(