What can cause this terrible pain in lower back that I’m experiencing when I’m cycling? I’ve never had any kind of problems with my spine and I don’t understand how an activity that is supposed to make me feel better can bring about pain. I have a normal bike and I don’t exhaust myself too much. I do everything moderately, and I see no reason for this.

I don’t see the reason, but I think that I know what it is. Many people like do-it-yourself method when it comes to everything, even adjusting and servicing your bike, which is great. But the problem appears when you don’t adjust it properly. It’s very important that saddle has a proper height. The difference between saddle and handlebar height should be no more that 5 cm, because the problems just like the one you described can appear. My suggestion is to have your cycle adjusted by somebody who knows how to do it. Also, a proper posture is also very important. Think about what I’ve told you and try to deal with it, and I think that the pain will soon be history.