I need some advice on what would be the best way treating high triglycerides and cholesterol for that is what has showed my blood test-my triglycerides rate is 170 and my "good" cholesterol is normal but my LDL cholesterol-the "bad" one is 164 so I was told this triglycerides and cholesterol condition needs to be treated and I am scheduled for my next appointment regarding this issue next week but anyway am curious to hear what high triglycerides and cholesterol means and how is it treated.

Treating high triglycerides and cholesterols almost always depends on whether it is hereditary or is caused by some other condition such as diabetes or obesity for if you have inherited this high triglycerides and cholesterol than it would be hard to control this. Anyway common way of treating high triglycerides and cholesterol is usually consisted of changing the diet first and having frequent aerobic exercise at least 3 times per week but basically you should avoid eating high fat food and also too saturated fat as well as food rich in cholesterol and eat food rich in fibers. Anyway you could fix this high triglycerides and cholesterol within 6 months but it also often happens the results fails so if such is the case some drugs are usually being prescribed such is bile acid or niacin in treating high cholesterol though high triglycerides are being treated with fibric acid derivatives but their use is somewhat limited for serious side effects they can provoke such as possible gallstones development.