Can I have your opinion please?-it is about my latest blood test which turned out to be marked with high triglycerides and cholesterol rates, my cholesterol is higher than 170 and I wonder now if such blood image could cause me some serious heart disease since I remember reading something of it recently but am curious if I can have your opinion regarding this issue please. I would actually like to hear what could have caused this and how I could fix my cholesterol and triglycerides rates. Thanks!

You really need to take care what you eat at first place for you now having such high rates especially cholesterol related may really lead to some serious heart disease such as arteriosclerosis –condition where your arteries become stick and cholesterol and other fats are actually deposited on the walls of arteries making them not functioning properly and all this may lead to stroke or heart attack –for since your arteries probably are not flexible and strong as they need to be and therefore your heart or even brain isn’t provided with oxygenated blood and than it start beating rapidly causing you more serious symptoms. Anyway high cholesterol rate may be caused by unhealthy diet habits, high blood pressure or even diabetes but I somehow think it is about wrong nutrition in your case since you haven’t mentioned you have some serious disease. And as for the high cholesterol treatment there are some meds that could help you decrease its rate and if it turns out you are in serious risk of getting arteriosclerosis your doc may prescribe you some anticoagulant such as coumadin which is very effective in preventing blood clotting but what could also help you much in my opinion is to change your diet completely so try eat fruits and vegetables as well as whole grains, avoid eating fat and saturated food and stop smoking right away if you are a smoker and keep on mind that regular exercise is very effective in treating high cholesterol rates.