Hello! My recent blood test showed high triglycerides and cholesterol and since its rates are very high over the 170 both triglycerides and cholesterol I am now advised to have some troponin T and troponin I test and I am now curious what troponin is and what is the purpose of this troponin test. Thanks much!

Hi! My dad had this troponin test once for the same blood test results-high triglycerides and cholesterol rates and since rates like this could provoke some serious coronary artery disease therefore could also cause heart attack and troponin test is usually done to avoid such complications so basically troponin test is sort of a cardiac markers regarding the fact that troponin are actually proteins that makes the part of muscle fibers so therefore are also specific to heart muscle. So I remember my dad was explained this troponin test would show haw bad his heart muscle is injured and affected by the condition such as high triglycerides and cholesterol rates so are usually done in order to reduce possible risk regarding heart illness.