Please tell me something about the differences between tegretol and trileptal. Which one causes fewer side effects? And I’m also interested in effects of cocaine in epilepsy. Can it be helpful in preventing seizures? It’s very important for me to know. Please post if you have some experiences.

Trileptal and tegretol are very similar drugs. Tegretol is cheaper, but still reasonable choice. Trileptal has less effect on white blood cells that could get dangerously low during treatment with tegretol. That’s the important difference. Trileptal works little bit less good than tegretol. Trileptal is not really the first line treatment of bipolar disorder. And about cocaine, it causes seizures. And also heart attacks, strokes and respiratory failures. Inhaled and i.v. used cocaine causes de novo generalized seizures. These seizures can be treated with neuroleptics.