I've been a regular weed smoker and used cocaine 2 years ago and never have since. Then, a month ago I snorted about 1.2 grams within 2 hours and then blazed about half a joint a few minutes later. After about 5 minutes, my heart started pumping and I was getting heavy pressure in my chest. I had to open the window to breathe for air and I started feeling lightheaded. I also couldn't stop shaking and moving around. I literally felt like dying so I rushed to the ER. They measured my heartbeat which was beating at 157 bpm for about 3 hours now. After they checked my heart they said everything was fine so I went home.

A few days later I was blazing, and I started feeling the same thing I got earlier - chest pressure, racing heartbeat, It was like having an anxiety attack. I went to see my doctor a couple days later and she said there was nothing wrong with my heart -i just normally have a relatively fast resting heartbeat. So I thought nothing really was wrong and this would not happen again. A week later, I was smoking weed once again and AGAIN i got all the same symptoms. Mind you, the weed was not laced with anything.

It really sucks to think that everytime I just smoke pot now I'm putting so much strain on my heart. How long do you think this would last? And is it from weed or combining both cocaine and marijuana? Or am i just overreacting to this..

It's like that first incident messed up my smoking weed and getting high cause I'm afraid the next time I'll get the exact same things again and end up in the ER like I did each time it happened.

I had something exactly like this just last night. I've smoked weed alot through out high school, but I dont smoke anymore, maybe once in a blue moon. Well yesterday I was drinking with some friends, and I was drunk, Probably a seven out of a scale one through ten. One of my buddies rolled up some weed. Like I said I've smoked weed before this and never had any weird problems, But last night all of a sudden after about 5 mins after smoking, I started feeling weird. I felt my heart beat racing, I've never felt it that fast even after running or a hard work out, and I played a lot of sports in high school. Then I called my friend over to the next room just to make sure I wasn't just blowing it out of proportion, but he agreed my heart rate was extremely fast. This lasted for about one minute. I felt weird too, I dont know how to explain the way I felt. He just told me to take deep breaths. Then I felt ok there for about 10 seconds then my heart rate went from going extremely fast and racing to almost completely stopping. I asked my friend agian If my heart was beating, he checked and got scared again. I never felt it, but he said it was goin extremley slow this time almost to a complete stop. During all that I almost felt like a couldnt control my body. It was all a blurr to me, I just remember my frienf trying to hold me up. All this only lasted for about 4 to 5 minutes then I want back to being just fine the rest of the night even kept on drinking and nothing happend. I am 21 years of age, I have no history of any disorders or taking medication. This has never happen before my life has been completley normal up untill then. Does anybody have any idea what heppen to me??? plz let me know if you have an idea!!!!!

I had something exactly like this just last night. I've smoked weed alot through out high school, but I dont smoke anymore, maybe once in a blue moon. Well yesterday I was drinking with some friends, and I was drunk, Probably a seven out of a scale one through ten. One of my buddies rolled up some weed. Like I said I've smoked weed before this and never had any wierd problems, But last night all of a sudden after about 5 mins after smoking, I started feeling wierd. I felt my heart beat racing, I've never felt it that fast even after running or a hard work out, and I played alot of sports in high school. Then I called my friend over to the next room just to make sure I wasn't just blowing it out of proportion, but he agreed my heart rate was extremly fast. This lasted for about one minute. I felt wierd too, I dont know how to explain the way I felt. He jus told me to take deep breaths. Then I felt ok there for about 10 seconds then my heart rate went from goin extremley fast and racing to almost completley stoping. I asked my friend agian If my heart was beating, he checked and got scared again. I never felt it, but he said it was goin extremley slow this time almost to a complete stop. During all that I almost felt like a couldnt control my body. It was all a blurr to me, I just remember my frienf trying to hold me up. All this only lasted for about 4 to 5 minutes then I want back to being just fine the rest of the night even kept on drinking and nothing happend. I am 21 years of age, I have no history of any disorders or taking medication. This has never happen before my life has been completley normal up untill then. Does anybody have any idea what heppen to me??? plz let me know if you have an idea!!!!!

I used to have this same problem years ago when I smoked regularly along with partaking in other substances - cocaine being one of them. I reached the point that whenever I smoked, my heart would beat irregularly or really fast. Well, my family has a history of atrial septal defect I found out - a.k.a. hole in heart. You might want to consider your health before continuing.

same problem kinda, im 16 and have smoked alot in the past couple of years. but i took plenty of breaks since im a runner. but last week, i smoked for the first time in a while, and that morning i took a 27mg concerta ( since im perscribed to it), but it should have worn out by then....but anyways, i smoked, and in about ten minutes, my heart was going crazy and i was shivering, and shaking, and everything else is kind of hard to explain. but, since then my heart beat has been very heavy. i couldnt run much this week, since when i ran it would beat really fast. if anyone knows whats going on, let me know...please haha.

The same thing has happened to me. About a week ago, I smoked marijuana two days in a row. The first day, after submission grappling my friend (if you don't know what that is, pretty much wrestling) because we were just f*****g around when we were blazed, my heart rate jumped to atleast 200. It didn't go down until I went to sleep that night. I smoked again the next morning, and about 1 minute after smoking, it happened again. I was freaking out a LOT both times, and I really think that it was just a panic attack and I was feeding fuel to the fire. But, I am unsure if I smoke again if I'll be able to stay calm about it, or if it is a health problem. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in. I'm debating if I should try it again to test this heart rate thing.

This is all currently happening to me. I did some cocaine with some friends a few days ago, felt fine, went home and slept. The next day I blazed and my heart rate went way up. So I sat on it for a day... And then 2 more days. On the 4th day I woke up and my heart started beating really fast yet again. I have anxiety so I decided to go to the clinic. My heart rate was 190bpm at it's highest, mind you I had drank the night prior and had only had a big cup of coffee before going to the doctor, and I'm sure that didn't help. At this point the Doc told me to go to the ER. That REALLY didn't help my anxiety. So I stayed the night at the hospital, had all the necessary tests done and was told my heart and everything was completely fine. They informed me that you never know what the potency of the coke is, and it can react differently with everyone, as well as that it can stay in your system for a week or so. Since the first freak out I haven't smoked any pot, and I probably wont for a very long time. I was smoking it every day. Then last night I drank and today my heart rate picked up again. I'm thinking that I need to refrain from all intoxicants for a while so my heart can get back in it's norm. Anyone have any insight for me?

i had the same reactiom to weed.i was chillin wit my friends one night and we smoke weed i took 10 big puffs i felt fine in till i walked in to the garage.first i past out cause i smoked too much and once i woke up my eart beat was go so fast at the same time everything was go very very slow.than i past out but my friends said i wasnt breathin for like 3 mins than i woke up again with a panic.i got up people were grabbin me i did know who and i was very scared.than i just went home threw up out side of my house lol.ever since that i havent smoked since

I've had the exact same problem for almost a year now and I know a lot about it. Mixing different drugs or alcohol with each other doesn't work for everyone. I have HUGE anxiety problems and I'm definitely one of those people that just can't handle it. It started for me when I did shrooms for the first time. There were 2 other people doing shrooms with me (one was my boyfriend) and one sober friend. I took 4 grams of shrooms and it took awhile for them to kick in. I didn't know that though, I thought the shrooms just weren't affecting me. So while I waited for them to kick in, I smoked a ton of weed and got higher than I'd ever been before. It was night and I looked up at the stars and I thought I was in space. While I was with my friends I was fine and enjoying the trip. But I went off for only 10 minutes (which felt more like 30) with my boyfriend and I started to realize just how high I was. I started panicking and soon my heart was beating out of control. I had this horrible sense of fear, I really thought I was gonna have to go to the hospital because I felt like I was going to die. My boyfriend got my other two friends involved and the sober one helped a lot, but no one could make the fear go away. Eventually it stopped enough for me to fall asleep.
Ever since then, smoking weed has induced this kind of anxiety and paranoia, and so I can only smoke very small amounts very infrequently. I can still eat shrooms, but again, only small amounts. Mixing drugs is always a mistake. The short and short is that I drink a lot more now, because I get zero anxiety from that. I've had two more incidents like that since then, and the most recent one sent me into cardiac arrest.
I found out that people who have a lot of anxiety actually shouldn't smoke weed, which is weird because I always thought the opposite was true. So my decision to take shrooms and then smoke til I was catatonic was stupid. I never went to the ER when I panicked, even when I was going into cardiac arrest. I realized that I would always be okay if I could ride the panic through until I wore myself out enough to sleep.
So my advice to anyone going through this is to listen to your gut. If you think you need to go to the hospital, go. It's important that you have someone with you or call someone to help you through it. You should also have food, water, and somewhere to sleep. It's a good idea to turn off music and the TV because they can only make things weirder. If you ate the weed or shrooms, throwing it up helps to shorten the whole experience, as eating that stuff is usually more intense and lasts longer. Most important, know your limits so you can totally avoid this situation in the first place.

I say you all stop being such babies. You were buggin out because you started to get a little paranoid.

When you were a kid getting high, you had no real obligations in life...nothing too serious. But not - think about all the sh*t on your plate.

Accelerated heart rate is a common side effect from marijuana use. And when your in panic over it, that makes your heart beat even faster.

The mind has a severe impact on physiology of almost every living creature.

Toke it. pz

Petey

well im not a little kid.. ive smoked occasionally over a couple years.. this year i smoked weed almost every day (about 7months)and Ive been fine.. then all of a sudden i had 2 cones at a friends house.. 5 minutes later my heart was beating out of control.. my friend had to look after me for about 3 hours.. during that time my heart was going really fast to really slow and i was shivering uncontrollably.. everywhere, mostly my right upper leg.. i was also very light headed. i had no reason to freak out at all.. and i know u cant overdose on weed lol..i have my cert 2 in first aid and knew what ever was happening i had to calm myself down.. but even doing that i was still unable to stop shaking and my heart was still beating irregular.. after that scare now when my friend has a cone they blow it in my face and just inhaling that much i cant sit still and my pulse is very fast.. i know it usually does after smoking but i believe there is a difference now.. my life just recently has become quite stressful and im as assuming its that..

This is from experience... Being alone and doing drugs vs being with people can sometimes make a difference.

Weed is nothing to me, I use it daily.. The first time I used coke, I was with my fiance. He is a very trustworthy person.. (And he knows how to party.) I was a little nervous, only because of all of the horrible things that you learn through youth/what you hear in news and things like that. But just him being there made me feel like I was okay when I started experiencing the high and almost "coached" me on what to expect. Not only all of that, but then helped distract me from thinking about being high, and simply enjoying it. It wasn't that he didn't think I wouldn't be okay, but the notion that he was there just made me feel safe.

Once he and I tried it together, and enjoyed ourselves immensely, we started enjoying with friends from time to time. (Honestly, we're too broke to afford it often, so it will literally never become a problem.. haha, just saying. We're potheads, and there's nothing wrong with that.. But from the few times I've tried coke, and invested money into it, I can say that it would easilyyyy become addicting.)

Wiiiith that said, I'm a very calm person when I'm sober. I'm responsible, and mostly clear-minded.. Plus, I chainsmoke weed. My lifestyle allows me to smoke it all the time, and I take that to my advantage... AKA, I don't have anxiety, I usually don't get upset about much and I don't get nervous about anything...

However, my man went out of town for vacation with his family, and as a surprise, he bought me a g of coke to use while he was gone and I was bored. I snorted a skinny line. (The idea of addiction does make me nervous, so I always use the less is more mindframe, and give myself short buzzes instead of binging.) About an hour later, I decided to mix up some of the weed I had, which in all honesty, was not that great, and some snow... I cheifed two hits til the numb lungs feeling kicked in, and then just kinda nursed it all night. But then I got nervous about being alone by myself, which was boring and just made me worry. I noticed my heart racing.. SO FAST. Which bugged me out more.

Normally if I snort a line, around 7, wait an hour and then smoke a bowl of mixed, I'll stay up til like, 3 or 4. I'm just a night person like that, and then I sleep like a boss. That night, I didn't sleep a wink cause all I could think about was how fast my heart was racing, to the point where I could hear it beat in my ears. It made me vow to never do it without being around people who can destract me, or my man so I feel safe.

But I think the weed is what made my reactions to everything so dramatic.. Straight coke to the head makes you invincible feeling, while weed makes people paranoid. (Especially mids.)

Could the issue that the OP had with it reoccurring be a psychological reaction? Because I think that sometimes one bad time can turn you off from it... Just a thought. Also, sorry about storytime. haha.

people people this is called a bad trip that happen is just cuase the weed hit you harder then you expected you be ight

listen its not a anxiety attack at all not one bit at all its not
i think what it is is more thats making you do that is the
cocaine and yes it is the marijuana too one big thing that
you should do is smoke alot less of the pot trust me man
it helps it did for me & the cocaine probably does not help you
not do that,

i smoked some very strong 50funk and did the same as you did one time back in 2004 and thought i was going to die
and all the stuff you said same with me

then in 2006 i smoked some strong ass skunk sativa pot and had the same problem as you did i took 3 hits and couldn't feel sh*t after that so i kept smoking the pot tel i got high and then i was to damn high it was like hell because i tried laying down to make the highness go away it didn't work i tried eating food & drinking water it didn't work i smoked a cigarette it seemed to help some then i just had to go outside in the fresh air my head was racing it wasn't my heartbeat it was my head and i couldn't stop thinking i just kept thinking about a ton of sh*t but i know the best way to fight this problem is to just smoke one little pinch of pot and thats it no more than that and it works,

and then in 2010 i got some pot from my uncle he wanted me to try it to see if its just him or the weed making him feel bad and sick at the guts so i did and that was one of the secant worst bags of weed i have ever tried in my life my guts got sick feeling i felt tiered then it felt like i had to go sh*t and i didn't have to after all and he said he thought his friend was lacing it with Horse cause his friend us to use Horse but not anymore so i really don't know if his friend was lacing it or not well what ever in the f**k was in it sure did make me feel sick

one other thing i have never done any cocaine and no Horse/Hara i think what i did was i smoked to much at onetime is all im not a heavy pot smoker at all i hardly ever smoke it now sens it does that to me i remember back in 1998 thos were good years see back then i could smoke gobs of pot and sens after i got put on probation they fuck3d me up you know they fuck3d my pot smoking up because i was on it for so many years they made me quit pot i was on probation for almost 5 years and probation sucks and the workers suck as-well they ruined me because i can never go back to smoking gobs of pot again not like i did in 1998 up to 2003 i smoked pot for 6 years and it was hard to quit just like that sens I've quit smoking pot i lost touch with all my friends and sens I've been on probation for all them years i just lost all my good friends i don't have any friends i haven't had any true good friends sens 98 the only friends i have is my family one of my good friends got sent to prison for doing what you do he robed a few houses and sold the stuff to get the money so that he could buy some cocaine with it and he got caught hes been in prison for 2 years now i guess now that im older i look at them days as my partying days and wont be doing that anymore i guess I've grown out of it i still do like pot tho I'll never hate it.