For several years I have suffered from depression. I don’t know what caused this but I know that only some medications could help me to get over my crisis periods.
I used several medications such as Zoloft and Paxil. But, lie you already know there are several side effects that can occur when you are using this kind of drugs. While I used Zoloft I had problems with excess sleep and weight gain and when I used Paxil I had problems with loss of sexuality and seizures.
Few days ago I watched on TV some show about acupuncture as possible depression reliever. What should I know about this?

I also heard about it and I did some research on my own about this subject and listen what I have found.
Believe it or not, acupuncture may be an effective mood enhancer.
Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medical technique for unblocking depression by inserting needles at particular points on the body to balance the opposing forces of yin and yang.
Many people after acupuncture treatment reported an elevation in mood similar to that provided by antidepressants.
Of course there are some unwonted things that can occur while acupuncture.
People complained on lung and bladder punctures, some broken needles, and some allergic reactions to needles containing substances other than surgical steel.