My husband and i decided that its time we start a family. Neither of us know much about pregnancy, but were wondering if it is possible to get pregnant within the first week after my period has ended? We actually started the day after my period ended. I guess were just both to excited to wait for any kind of actual results. And also how soon could i take a pregnancy test after intercourse?

Aww! Congrats that is a big decision to make! Depending on when you ovulate is what determines the timing of pregnancy. You can be fertile 5 days prior to ovulation. Basically your cervical mucus will take and store the sperm for the five days and then when your egg is released you have a short window for conception to take place. Most women ovulate around 14 days after the 1rst day of their period if they have a 28 day cycle. Hope this helps!!